Chapter 32

Some reason I just can't get myself to fall into a good sleep last night. I woke up at 6 and couldn't go back to bed. So, I got dressed and went out for a jog. The air here was much better than what Boston offered. 

It was no luxury mansion here, but people were friendly in this town. And I'm meaning the town where my beach house is, Melville. It's literally a small little town filled with two neighborhoods, a park, a gas station and perhaps a 3 grocery stores. And they were no big grocery store.

No Walmarts. No big business.

Everything here was generally organic. Even the people. The people that lived in this town were mostly old souls that grew up here since they were kids. In the summers of my childhood, I used to play with this girl named Daisy. We loved building castles at the beach, she was here every summer when our family visited. But soon we grew up, my family came less as Rachel and I were no longer toddlers. We would come every 2 or 3 years since. I've lost contact with Daisy. We don't see her family visit the beach anymore.

I bet she is doing something epic outside of this town now. She was a very smart and optimistic girl for a toddler. And much more friendlier than I ever was as a kid.

As I jogged my way around back to the beach house. Nick was already awake, I see him at the sand area where I was last night. When I stepped around the small bump on the sand, I see who he was talking to.

It was that Anson prick from yesterday. By the look of the scene, it seems as if he was teasing Nick. Constantly shoving him. Nick stood still for the time being. It must've been something Anson said that triggered Nick, he started yelling something back at him again.

I don't know what was going on. Was Nick yelling at Anson because of me? No way.

This looked way more serious. The prick had a vicious grin on his face as Nick yelled and shoved him back. The two began yelling at each other now. It only took a split second when I saw Nick throw a punch at Anson, who quickly tackled Nick to the floor.

"STOP!" I yelled from a distance, but the boys were too into the fight to even hear. Each step I took got closer to them, I tried to pull Anson off of Nick. "STOP IT!"

"Not until this bastard apologizes," Anson's voice was aggressive as he looked like a beast on top of Nick.

Nick seem to have gotten angrier at one Anson said. It was like he just added fuel to the fire. Nick took control and rolled over him, now he was the one on top and threw punches at him one after the other.

"NICK STOP IT!" I screamed, I grabbed on to his arm attempting to pull him off of the prick. He was too strong, given my bruised arms that are too vulnerable for his strength--when he flung off my arm, I immediately fell back landing on the sand.

His attention was finally on me. He shoved Anson aside and came over to check on me. But by the looks of it, he needed the help more than me. His face was bruised up and his lip was bleeding.

"YEAH, run back to your girlfriend, just like what you used to do," Anson scoffs, he rolls off the sandy ground and stumbles his way out from the beach.

"Are you okay?" Nick turns to me now.

"I'm FINE," I said firmly and swung my arm out of his gripped as I got up and started my way back to the beach house. He followed behind me. 

I don't know why I was so angry with him. Oh right, because he's a fucking ass that I perhaps cannot ever let go. And he tells me I'm the one that does reckless things, when he goes to pick a fight with a druggie.

We entered the house, I held all urges to not care for him. I went upstairs to my room and shut the door, I distracted myself with my laptop. But then I heard his groans escape from down the hall and cabinets flipping open and closed. I sighed and walked down to the washroom where he was trying to clean his wounds by looking at the mirror.