Chapter 22

"Nothing happened," I quickly snapped at him, he takes a step closer.

"It was a kiss and it meant something Selena," he says, coming closer around the car to me.

"No," I take a step back, "No it doesn't, you have a girlfriend and I've moved on. So go back to her and get back into reality Nick."

"Reality is, you still love me."

"Have you bumped your head Nick? I've moved-on," I repeated, seriously fed up with him.

"Everyone deserves a second chance Sel..." he looks at me with those puppy eyes it is almost hard to resist, I look down and got into my car.

"Chances are not granted like candy," I sighed, "The answer is no..." I shut my door and started the car, he moves out of the way before I drove off furiously.

He is so conceded. Maybe I still do have feelings for him-Okay maybe I'm silly here, yea I still like him. I'll secretly admit that, but it doesn't mean I will get back with him.

First off his mom hates me for no apparent reason and she's just a bitch in general, second his girlfriend is about the prettiest thing alive and so sweet, she deserves much better than to be cheated on and lastly, I'm not prepared for another heartbreak that is still not fully healed from before.

I'm almost there, if only I didn't come back this summer, I knew these feelings would be gone forever. Damn it, what is up with me?

I don't know where I'm going but I ended up at Demi's house. She lived in a mansion, yea bigger than Amy's. I parked in her long ass driveway before making it to her double oak wooden doors.

Her maid opens it at first, she was a friendly old lady that had short curly brown hair. I think she's Italian the last I remembered because her accent was really thick but she knew her English good.

"Hi is Demi home today?" I asked.

"Ms. Demi, yes, come inside," her smile was really friendly, but I don't think she remembers me, I haven't been here in so long.

I followed her in and she guided me to Demi's backyard where she had a huge swimming pool and lawn chairs laid out on the pavement and her garden that went on like forever was beautiful. The patches of flowers? It was just Heaven here.

"Please wait here, Ms. Demi will be on her way," the maid smiles before she takes a step back in.

"Thank you," I shouted back, she probably didn't hear me since I heard the door hit shut. I sat down along the side of the pool, dipping my feet into the cool water that was turning warm from the sun.

Oh it was nice, I stripped out of my beach dress and the pool water embrace me. Yes I'm wearing a bikini under you pervs.

It was like she had a pool party earlier her something, she had her inflatable chairs in the pool along with some noodles and beach balls. I took my soaked up body and slipped myself onto the inflatable chair. It burned a bit when I got on, probably because it faced the sun all day. I closed my eyes and leaned back on it.

"HEY!" I heard two voices call in sync and they muffled some giggles. I look up to the deck and see Demi and Joe. They were in their bathing suits, soaked.

Of course Joe was over when I need to blabber to her about my Nick problems.

"Hey," I stuck my elbow in 90 degrees and gave a sloppy wave with my hand.

"You stole my seat," Demi pouts, she gets in on the other one it was actually bigger than mine too, "So what's up?"

"Nothing, I just came back from the beach," I shrugged, my eyes were still closed until I hear Joe's voice again.

"CANNON BALL!" he screams, both Demi and I screamed too, horrified. He jumped in and the water got all over us.

"NO!" She cries as she got soaked by the pool water once again.

Joe was laughing, "Hey you know you'll get wet if I'm here."

"Hmm... isn't it the other way around?" Demi flirts back, bringing him close to her lips.

"Oh God, gross guys," I threw a beach ball at them, "I'm here and I have to listen to you two love birds talk dirty?!" I complained.

"Ah she ruined the moment," Joe pushes Demi away, hitting my chair which made me flow away.

"Suck it up Jonas!" I grunted, kicking my foot off the edge and it bumped him.

"Watch it Gomez," he teases pushing me off and hitting Demi and pushed her further.

"HEY!" She yells, she picks up her water gun and starts to target both of us.

Both Joe and I laugh and pick up a noodle or a water gun and targeted at her.

"AHAH!" She picks up another and squirts it in two directions.

"Take my back," Joe says, he swims across behind my chair and we both start shooting at Demi.

"HEY!" She squeals, "Not fair, there's two of you and one of me."

"You have two guns!" we yelled in unison.

"Fine," she tosses one behind and holds one with a mischievous grin, "You guys are dead when I get you!"

"No you don't!" I got out of the pool to get the hose and start spraying at Demi, "Gotcha!"

Joe scoffs, "No body hoses my baby!" he jumps forward to protect Demi with my inflatable chair and starts splashing the water onto the deck.

I laughed mocking an evil villain, "Mwuahaha!! Can't get me!"

After another 20 minute running around Demi's grassland then jumping into the pool and continue our fight, we were all out of energy. Demi and I sat back on the inflatable chairs and Joe sat in the pink inflatable donut. Surprisingly his ass fitted in.

We layed on the pool all staring up into the sky that was slowly darkening into evening time.

"Guys, how are we still so immature at this age?" Demi asks.

"Joe never grew up after age 6," I joked, both Demi and I laughed.

"Hey!" he complain, splashing some water on me, "I'm older than you guys."

"Just kidding," I said in a sing-along-tone.

"Good," he crosses his arms like a child.

"Seriously, Kevin is married with a daughter, Joe and I got back together shockingly," she said, at the same she intertwines her hand with Joe's and they smile at each other, "Selena you're about to be a lawyer which I still can't grasp that idea in my mind and Nick is dating miss Universe from like two years ago?!"

Awkward.... anybody else feel it? Or is it just me?

"HAH I know right," Joe chuckles, "Who knew of all people Olivia would choose Nick and not me?"

"Do you wanna make today your death day Jonas?" Demi flings off his hand and pinches on his ear, it made me laugh.

"Ow! Ow! Lightly... lightly..." he winces in pain slowly removing her fingers, "You're the best b-babe."

"Good!" Demi smiles impressed and swings her hand back to intertwine with his.

"You guys... glad you're the same," I laughed, swimming away with my inflatable chair.

"Technically you and Nick could still hit up the sparks," Demi shrugs.

"Dems, he has a girlfriend," I say, bouncing off to the opposite side of the pool.

"Yea, I'll be honest, although he looks to be in love with Olivia, this idiot doesn't know what he wants," Joe said so coolly like he's just brushing it off. Both Demi and I gave him a weird stare.

"You hooked them up my mom told me," Demi then kicks him and his donut away.

"Hey I did that because at that time Nick needed some sort of friend or love in his life, it was like his dark days," he answered innocently, which made Demi and I curious, we exchanged looks then turned to Joe.

"What dark days?"