Chapter 7

Demi promised to meet up with me today for me to explain to her what happened last night. Apparently this morning she was just calling from server-boy's home, she slept over. WINK WINK, slept over.yea right, this girl does not sleep over, she does her business then bye-bye or unless it was my slumber party.she totally banged him last night, just by the way she spoke this morning.

God I can't wait to tell her.

I walked along Cambry Gates, where all the vintage boutiques were. I planned to shop a little before meeting up, but my mood was completely bombarded when I saw Denise, Nick's mom and him in there. I was just about to turn away but she caught just before I officially disappeared from the shop.

"Selena," her arrogant high pitched voice calls, "Darling, didn't see you come in."

I cursed myself inside for coming in, and faked a smile as I turned to her, "Hi Denise, how are you?"

"Oh, how are you?" She asks in that bitchy sarcastic tone of hers, "My son had to stay over all night at your place, I hope you're feeling better now."

God, I just wanted to punch her.

"Mom," Nick says in alert almost, he tugs on her elbow, lowering his head to tell her something that made her face turn a bit pale.

"Hmm.. Well Olivia, Nick and I have better place to go, excuse us sweetie," she says turning away.

Excuse us sweetie... I wanted to, mock her,

"Denise, I don't think this shirt suits me too well," all of us turned to the violet voice that came from behind the, it was Nick's girlfriend, Olivia. As much as I wanted to hate her, she was just too goddamn kind and sweet. She walks over in all smiles with her shopping bag, linking arms with Nick.

"Selena, have you met Nick's girlfriend Olivia?" The arrogant bitch turns back to me with her cunning smile that twitched upwards.

"Him formally to introduce myself, I'm Selena," I smile, reaching my hand out to her. I'm glad I'm at least losing Nick to someone that is so sweet than to some snobby bitch his mother would've set him up with.

"Oh right, Denise we've met before. Just yesterday I believe, at the farmer's market," she giggles, remarking her journey in meeting me the other day.

"Oh have you?" She arrogantly replied, again, don't punch her Selena, not worth it, "Selena please, come to my birthday party this year. I have invited your parents, but they have not yet RSVP to the event and Nick and Olivia have some big announcements to make too, I would be pleased to have you there."

"I'm sorry, my parents are quite the busy people, I mean, every minute and second is so precious," I smirked at my following line, "They don't have the time of days to plan a a birthday party like some snobby housewives in this town."

She gave me a millisecond glare, both Nick and Olivia just looked at the tension between us and shuffled in their seat uncomfortably. Especially Nick, it was like there was some sort of major discomfort I his eyes.

"Well, I suppose we will just have to make the announcement to you another time," Oh my god, about to punch her, "oh, Olivia sweet heart, did you know Selena was Nick's-"

Amen Jesus for Demi's call to ring, or else I would've punched the bloody fuck out of this crazy arrogant bitch here. I don't even understand how her children came out so perfect and even her husband is kind, all except her. What happened to the nurturing sweet mothers in this world?

"Excuse me, like I said, us Gomez don't have the time of day," I backed out to wave at them, "Have fun shopping guys."

Woah, I felt my heart become unsteady. Amen I made it out of there before I hear another word from her, damn crazy bitch. As I dragged open the door, I just remembered the ringing phone in my hands. Shit.

I picked it up on its last ring, "Hey Dems."

"Hey I have an issue," and for a distant I hear some shuffling and Demi giggles telling someone to stop, Look, sorry bae, I don't think I can meet up today..."

"It's alright, I was hungry and went to grab a bite anyways, we'll talk another day," I chuckle hearing her still giggling from the server-boy probably, "Okay, call me later bae. Bye"

"Sorry Sel, bye," she shrieks at the end, I hear the phone line die off. I rolled my eyes, smiling that at least my best friend is content about life.

I cross the road and turned on a few streets to the small private library. I sat there for practically thee whole day, walking around shelves until I found the right book and sat down to read, yup, I'm the punk dork that spends her time at a library all day reading. Not really haha, being at home is probably equivalent to the boredom of sitting at a park. I hadn't even noticed it was 4 already until the librarian came up to tell me they would be closing soon.

I scattered out and began walking back to my car that was parked by the boutique earlier. God bless they have trolled away. Probably has, Denise has a sick disease called cannot-stay-in-one-shop-too-long cause apparently that doesn't look good on a housewife, it appears to make her seem poor. Like yeah, alright,arrogant snobby bitch.

My red Mitsubishi Eclipse parked across the boutique, man am I glad for that unlimited day pass for parking. Some cars have already gotten two tickets even, I would've had a stack for the hours I spend at the library. I was about to get in when I saw Nick appear from the rear view mirror.

"What Jonas?" I sounded snappy, yes, damn, never piss off a girl who is on her period.

"I'm sorry about that, are you feeling better?" He asked almost in a shy tone, stepping closer to the drivers where I was standing. He had his hands deeply dug into his jean pockets.

"Yes, thank you," I relied awkwardly, then moving into the car trunk and pulling out a brown bag with his sweater in it, "You left this last night."

He peaked into the bag, then grin, "Thank you, but for my sacrifice of staying all night, you owe me."

I closed the trunk, and strutted over to the driver's door, "What do you want Nick?"

"Simple, a dinner," he grins, following me.

"You are hilarious," I spun around, laughing sarcastically. "No."

"Please, I just want us to be friends," he pleaded, as if it was easy to resist those puppy dog eyes of his. How can any girl possibly say know, and you must be wondering how I'm saying no, right? Trust me I am mentally kicking myself inside for saying no, but I know that if I give in to him now, I would fall back in love.

Or better to say, love him more. Since I don't think I have forgotten much of him.

"And I don't think it's going to be a good idea," I spoke, moving into my car, "Friends don't work for us Nicholas! And I think I practically told you how much I hated you, last night. So goodbye and half a nice life with Olivia."

I stepped inside my car and slammed it closed, expecting him to back off for my car to move out. Instead on shot gun the door opens, then in comes the asshole. He takes his toll on the seat next to me, giving a cunning smile.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I am not leaving until you promise to go on that dinner with me," he answers in a matter of fact way, crossing his arms over another.

A scoff escapes, "Well if you don't get your ass out of my car this instance you are so going to regret it."

"I'm not leaving Selena," he retorts.

"Get out Nick!" I shrilled.

"No."

"Get out!"

"Not until. You say yes."

"Out!" I spat getting irritated by his sudden childish act, which not even in a million years would I have thought Nick Jonas would be childish.

"No," he simply replies.

"Nick, get out!"

"I'm not leaving."

"Oh my god, get out!" I continued to bicker.

"No."

"Goddamn Nick, fine I'll go to dinner," I slammed my a hands on the wheel, "you are so goddamn annoying sometimes!"

From the corner I see a satisfied smile on his lips, "Great, this Sunday at 5."