Chapter 47

The day I got on the flight I remember it was like a day like today in Boston, raining outside just like my mood as I stare out the window right now. My apartment was still a mess just like the way I left it in May. I watch as each raindrop slams onto the window, it brings back the feeling of the day I boarded the flight back.

That day at 11:59 PM I promised that Nick Jonas will never be a part of my life anymore because the next minute I'm not the same Selena anymore, I won't give in. I should've kept to my motto, first chance was already a bonus.

What I didn't understand was his reason to leave. I understood the reason for Olivia to leave but I just never thought that Nick would go with her. He sounded like he would sacrifice his life, his world for me but a week was all it took for him to change that? It doesn't make sense. How can someone change practically in a split second? What happened during the week I didn't see him? 

The only conclusion I could come to is his mom. She's so manipulative, she's the only person in this world that could deceive her children and not feel any sense of guilt. Ugh, I just hate her so much—

"SELENA!" my roommate Elena ran in, she was out of breath.

"What?"  I almost thought it was an emergency, I jumped a little nearly spilling my mug of tea.

"He—" she grasps her left chest as she takes deep breaths in and out, "Dan he—"

"Okay take a breath," I said, placing my mug on the floor next to the cushions by the window seat as I followed her out of my room to the kitchen. Her boyfriend Dan—her lovely  boyfriend— decided that it was okay to mess with our kitchen and made the biggest mess for a 34-year-old.

I know, I say she's pretty insane for dating someone so much older. It was like seeing Adam in my house, which I say is pretty weird. 

"Oh my God," my eyebrows raised as I was nearly going to scream.

"I'm sorry Sel, we sort of made a mess," he explained, like no kidding, I could see that.

"Just clean it up," I rolled my eyes, I was about to turn around until I saw my lovely $500 Kitchen Aid Stand mixer snapped in half on the floor, I nearly broke. "MY MIXER!"

A sharp gasp came from the left side of me, "Oh God..." she breathes, "Sel, we'll get you a new one or pay you back."

I watch as Elena ran over to her boyfriend almost begging him to leave or apologize. I took a deep breath, "Just clean..."

I sighed and returned to my room. I closed the door and changed to go to prepare for my 4:00 lecture, which FYI was a nice 15-minute walk. And in this rain, I might as well go a bit earlier. I watch as the rain continue pour like there's no tomorrow. 

I shove my Macbook into my satchel and headed out in my Converse because just screw rainboots, they're just rubber that makes your feet stink and makes you sweat in buildings. Simply, rainboots are disgusting.

When I came out, Elena and Dan were still cleaning up the kitchen. I watch as they move the mixer into the garbage can. I rolled my eyes and slipped on my Yankees cap on my way to our front door.

"Hey Sel, are you coming back for dinner? Chelsea and Hanna says they'll be home tonight," Elena says.

"Probably not, I have a study group after," I answered her before slipping out the house, it was a total lie but I doubt she'd really gave two craps on it anyways. 

Chelsea and Hanna were our other two roommates, they were barely home. I see Elena the most, she's the other one that's at home for most of the time. And every once a week or two her boyfriend would just come over. Unlike Hanna, Elena prefers to stay here than to live with her boyfriend. Hanna goes over to her boyfriend's house almost every week for 4 days probably. Then there's Chelsea who I see for three or five hours max in a day, she's most likely out at her part-time or she's out with her friends clubbing, probably a few days she'll be hibernating in her room before midterms and finals, but I rarely see her too.