Chapter 39

Everything was still and black. Memories were solid at the back of my brain but pain was also somewhere throbbing at the back. I heard a lot of voices speak, sounds like a hospital. I could hear the computer monitors beeping, nurses and doctors running in the halls.

Besides my head, I felt a throbbing pain on my right leg. A stiff plaster grew on it as I tried to rotate my foot. My face was also restricted from movements.

"I don't know when she'll wake up," I heard a woman sob, I bet it was my mom.

"Doctors say she should be awake in a couple of hours or next morning," a man said, I recognized it to be my father's voice.

"Go home and have some rest, Demi said she'll be here," I believe that was my sister. Soon the room turned dim and no voices were heard.

As I recall, I heard them say I should wake up in a couple of hours or next morning. I am awake, but suddenly when I try opening my eyelids, I felt it like bags of rice, so heavy to lift. Hence, trying to move my hand was a difficulty.

Shit. Was I in a coma of some sort?

Only thing I could do was listen. I'm confused, what the hell is going on. Aren't people in comas like... unconscious?

Last thing I remember was that Demi, Joe and I were outside talking. Nick suddenly came into the picture asking to drive Joe home, then... He was fighting on the ground with some hunk--Anson, that prick, they were fighting, Joe and I were trying to hold them off. And then everything went black...

What happened to Nick? What happened to that douche? Did somebody call the cops? Surely somebody had called the ambulance assuming I was here.

When I tried to open my eyes, I had a small glimpse of where I was. I had a feeling I was in the hospital. Surprisingly in a private room, the door was right in front of me and there was a small window to the hospital hallways.

"She's waking up! She's waking up--J-Joe! Call the nurses," it's impossible for somebody to not recognize Demi's voice. Her high pitch voice when she's excited is definitely a remark.

My energy suddenly peaked, my muscles were finally moving and I was able to open my eyes. A small glimpse turned into a landscape as I saw a herd of nurses rush in--okay that was exaggerated, maybe 2 or 3 max. followed by a doctor.

Assuming, my doctor, lifted my lids to check dilation with her flashlight. Now that, that light could probably wake up the dead, the brightness of that light... my Jesus.

She turned to Demi and Joe, "She is definitely awake up, I'll just run a quick check up with her. I'll check her vital signs and heart beat." She closed the curtain on Demi and Joe so I would get my privacy.

"How are you feeling Selena?" She asked as the nurses helped me up for her to check my heart beat and yadiya.

"Dizzy, tired? Pain," I said.

She smiles, "That is normal, minor discomfort should come from your head and right foot."

"What happened?" I asked as I saw a cast around my right foot.

"You rolled down a flight of stairs and bumped you head, your face is a bit scratched. It might be itchy from the ointment but if you scratch it you may scar it, so I'm cautioning you now to try your best and just apply some ice or pat on it gently." She then looks at my cast and back at me, "Just a sprain, nothing big. Nurses will change it on your next follow up."

She then opened the curtains to Demi and Joe who practically jumped. The doctors chuckles at their panicked faces.

"Your friend is fine, she can be discharged in two days in the afternoon after the nurses change up some bandages on her face," the doctor smiles.