Chapter 15

- {Adelyn pov}
- i wake up from my alarm and yawn, i turn not wanting to wake up but staying in this comfortable soft bed.

I pull the sheets over my head and my alarm goes off again. I groan and turn it off. I sit up and rub my eyes.

I grab my phone and look at the time, 5:30am. I get up and put on my gym leggings and a sports bra. I put my hair in a ponytail and grab my earphones.

I softly tip toe down the stairs and walk out. Everyday I'm going out for my daily run. It's been 16 days since i got back here, yet i still don't know exactly what happened.

We haven't been talking about everything that happened. All i know is that Owen and his friends are in the FBI as they told me and that Daymen was some kind of criminal they tried to catch but it went wrong.

But why was he so nice to me if he was a criminal?

I shrug it off. I don't wanna think about it. Owen tried asking me some stuff but i mostly found my way around answering those questions.

I'm just really uncomfortable answering them. And a bit ashamed. I close the gate and start running. It's still a bit dark out but i don't care. Atleast it's safer. Owen moved to a penthouse somewhere in Miami now. He says it's safer here.

Owen hates that i leave alone and so early. Since everything that happens he wants me to go out with one of his bodyguards or something but i told him i didn't want that.

I can take care of myself.

I run down the hill towards the city. There's this shop that opens at 4am. After i while i finally see it and i walk inside out of breath.

The man smiles at me and i say "Goodmorning" he looks at me and says "ah, Adelyn was it right? Goodmorning"

I smile and start gathering vegetables and fruits. I grab the milk and strawberry tea. I see a bag full of my favorite lollipops and my eyes widen.

Vanilla-Strawberry lollipops...

I grab it and walk to the cash register. He scans everything and says "That'll be $27,44" i pay with my card and i say "Have a nice day!!"

He smiles and i walk out with the bag and look at my phone, 6:32am. I should head back. I start walking putting my earphones back in. I see a small petshop and think of Owen's dog.

I walk in and see all kinds of bones and food. I grab one of the biggest bones and pay for it and walk back out again.

It takes me around an hour for me to get back to Owen's house. As i walk in and walk to the kitchen Owen is sitting there at the dining table drinking his coffee, eating his sandwich and reading the newspaper.

Seriously who still reads that? Isn't that only for old people?

Well he is kinda old.