Chapter 20

Adelyn pov}
- I sit nervously playing with my hands as I'm waiting to be called. I'm on a job application for the new bakery in town. I really really need this job, i need the money and there aren't alot decent looking jobs near my new home.

I'm wearing a light yellow sundress with small daisies on it. I put on a clean makeup look and my hair in a long braid. I'm sitting at a small table in the corner of the small cafe with a hot chocolate in front of me.

A young and beautiful black woman walks out and she says "Adelyn?" I smile and stand up. She smiles at me and says "Follow me" i put the half empty cup on the bar and i follow her to the back.
There's nobody but us in the shop but us because it is still closed, they open at 10am and right now it's 8:30am.

"Take a seat" i sit down on the white oval-shaped chair and she takes a seat opposite of me. She says "Alright, let's start"
-

- I smile and say "And the rest went by so quickly and before i knew it i had the job!!" Andreas hugs me and says "I'm so proud of you" i smile and hold on to him. He says "And i got something we can do, i'm sure you're gonna like it"

I say "What is it??" He pulls a box from behind is back and shows me. I squeal and say "Cupcakes!!" He nods and smiles. We both get to the kitchen and he grabs all the stuff. I Read the back of the box and say "Did you get frosting?" He says "We're gonna make our own pink frosting" i look at him with wide eyes and he laughs.

I say "Okay so I'm gonna grab the bowl" i bend down and my phone rings. Andreas says "It's Alicia" i say "Oh pick up!" He picks up and says "Hi, she's bending down" i hear Alicia laugh and she says "Why is she bending down?" Andreas says "We're baking cupcakes!!" She says "Ooh yummy"

"Don't worry we'll save you some, We'll even bring them tomorrow" she says "But can i speak to Ms. Cupcake herself?" I say "Hi" she says "Did you get the job??!" I say "Guess who's starting on friday!" She says "I'm so happy for you! I'm so proud!!"

I say "Thank you, I'm so happy! There was this beautiful and sweet girl and she eased all my nerves" I hear Dioni and he says "Who are you talking to babe?" Alicia says "Adelyn, she's got the job i told you about! And Tomorrow her and Andreas are bringing homemade cupcakes!

He says "Oh that's nice" I can hear some low mumbling and then Alicia says "Why don't you come for dinner tomorrow?" I say "That's fun, right Andreas?" He says "What oh yes" i look at him focusing on the instructions on the box and i have to hide my laugh.

Alicia says "Great! We'll see you tomorrow, i'm sure the little ones can't wait to see you again" i say "I hope so! They better still like me" She says "I think they love you, you're good" i laugh and say "Alright, see you tomorrow" We end the call and Andreas says "Okay so i don't understand any of this" i say "What? What do you mean?" He says "they made this very unclear" i say "give me" He says "no! I can do this!"  I chuckle and say "Alright"

After a long 2 hours of baking and having a fight with flour I'm finally sleepy. I'm all showered and in my pink pj's. They have cute small bunnies on them and they're one of my favorites. I still need to unpack some of the boxes with my clothing in them but that's something for a different day.

I walk into the living room and Andreas already took the cupcakes out of the oven. He went showering before i did. He says i did the decorations! I look at them and they're all melting off. I say "They're so pretty!! Did you do it while the cupcakes were still warm?"

He says "Yes why?" I say "Nothing they look very yummy" he smiles and i hug him. I say "Thank you for this surprise". He hugs me back and says "No need to thank me". I pull away and he says "I love your pyjama by the way, it's cute, fits you". I say "I know right! Look at this bunny!" I point to a bunny that's eating a carrot and he chuckles and says "That's adorable".