Chapter 17

Lots of pov switches this chapter!

- {Adelyn pov}
- I'm excited! Because i am going to look for an apartment today!! I put on my favorite pink dress and grab my small white backpack to match it!

I put my hair into two braids and do my makeup. I walk downstairs happily and i see Owen already in the kitchen making breakfast.

I say "Goodmorning!!!" He says "Morning" I say "Are you readyyy??" He says "Mhm" i smile and he takes another sip of his coffee. I grab some juice and a waffle.

I sit down and say "I really hope it looks the same as the pictures!! Or maybe it looks even better!" He just nods while reading the newspaper and i say "It's so affordable! And maybe i have nice neighbors! And i can get a cat!! And lots of plants!!"

He doesn't respond and i finish my waffle while rambling on about my new apartment hopefully. He groans and says "Please just shut up. We'll go"  i look at him. He never told me to shut me my mouth.

He puts his cup and plate in the sink and i nod and get up. I walk to the car with my head hanging low and sit in the passengers seat. I don't know what i did wrong?

Not much later he gets in the car and he says "Put on your seatbelt" i do as he says and he starts driving. I look out of the window. It's an hour drive from here.

I turn up the volume on the radio and almost immediately Owen turns it down. I sigh, i really don't know what i did wrong. I put in my earphones and turn on my own music.

I'm really not in the mood for this. I woke up happy and I'm gonna stay happy. I'm not gonna let him ruin it. I look at him driving. His jaw keeps clenching and I've never seen his hands so tightly wrapped around the steering wheel.

He's fucking hot. But if i am going to be his girlfriend he needs to ask me officially, in a romantic way. On a date or something. Not like this.

The time flies by as the car comes to a halt. I get out and so does owen. Immediately all the people look at us. The neighborhood doesn't look that bad! Yes it's a bit messy and abandoned looking, but there are lots of people and children playing!

I see a man standing in front of the building and i walk to him not waiting for Owen. The man says "Ah you must be Adelyn!" I nod and say "Yes i am!" He smiles at me and says "Follow me"

I follow him inside and he says "The apartment is really beautiful and in good condition!" I smile and he opens the door! We walk in and he says "The kitchen isn't that big, but you can still cook."

I nod and he shows me the kitchen. He says "As you can see there's no dining room but if you want you can decide for a small couch and a round dining table"

Since the kitchen is openly to the living room he immediately shows me the living room. It's small but it looks alright. He says "The walls do need new wallpaper or paint" He's right, the walls are stained yellow. Probably from a leak or something.

He walks into the bedroom and says "It's very spacious, You can easily fit a pretty big bed in here and there's some closet space" i look around. If i want to fit my bed in here there's barely any space left.

He says And then finally the bathroom" he opens the door and we walk in. There's a small shower and toilet. There's a sink and a small mirror. The mirror is broken but i can replace that eventually.

I look up and see mold everywhere. That's okay...? I mean i can fix That. It does smell a bit bad but with some roomspray that's gone.

He says "I wil give you some alone time to look around" i smile and thank him. There are alot of imperfections. I mean the walls, the floors definitely, the mold.