Chapter 24: Beautiful Friendships.

"What?" I ask quietly, extreamly confused.

Rayna laughs loudly. ''D-did you just apologize?" She asks through little giggles.

''Shut it Marina" Glimmer snarls.

Rayna's eyes go wide and she looks like she will cry.

''Marina?" Marvel questions. I share a glance with Cato, he's confused.

''Oh didn't you know?" Glimmer says sarcasm dripping from her teeth. ''Before her mother and father were killed her aunt Marina -her mothers sister- had an affair. Like four weeks after she found out, they were killed. So she took her mothers name; Rayna. As she was originally named after her aunt Marina" Glimmer states quiet happily.

''H-how do you know that?" A panicked Rayna asks.

''Oh sweetie, my mentor, Cashmere, she gets around, and those four weeks, she was also having an affair too'' Glimmer squels.

Rayna goes white and looks nautious. She storms off, towards the lake. Marvel sighs and jogs after her. Cato looks at me. I nod in their direction.

''I'll see you later'' I say and he nods before running towards the lake.

I slide down next to Glimmer, who's crying. ''Whats wrong?'' I ask slightly annoyed.

''You must hate me, you really do'' she sobs. I give her a confused look.

''My mother ran away when I was one, my step-mother always would ave other men around the house, and she would be kissing them. I thought that was right. So I grew up into a slut and a whore. I have never ever broken up a couple. I thought before I went into the arena that i'' she stops and cries.

''I thought that I, that I could have Cato before the arena, just one more, he's so goodlooking, I couldn't help myself, I feel terrible, did I split ye up?" She asks weakily.

I shake my head, she let's out a sigh of relief. ''Im so sorry'' ''dont be, maybe we can look past this'' I say hopefully.

''Yes, I think we can'' ishe says and I stick out my hand but she pulls me into a hug. ''I think this is the beggining of a beautiful friendship'' I nod at her words.

''Ill just go after Marvel instead'' I pull back and look at her wide eyed. ''Im kidding silly'' she laughs. 'Wheres Lover Boy?" I ask. ''Over there'' she says pointing to a black figure.

***********************

I pull the thin sleeping bag over my body. Peeta isn't having one tonight. We are doing rounds. The cornucopia is the worst kind of pillow. Rayna and Glimmer are miles awy from each other. Marvel between them. Peeta isolated himself.

Cato walks over, slides down the cornucopia and covers himself with his bag. My head falls instantly on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around me and kisses the side of my head. ''Night Clo, my aby girl' ''night'' I croak.

***********************

I'm the first one up in the morning. I get up, stretch, kiss Cato on the forhead. I roll my bag up and put it into my pack. I sling it over my shoulder and take off into the woods for some target practice.

Its silent the way I like it. My feet are silent on the floor which is covered in grass, earth and leaves. I'm armed with my knife jacket.

I stop about half a mile away from camp. Silence. I pull out a jagged knife, smiling, I throw it with little next to no effort. I continue this process for abot ten minutes. That's when I her foot steps.

I spin around knives in hand. I walk silently over to the tree. I circle it until I see her. Rue, curled up in a ball. ''Please don't kill me'' I crouch down next to her.