Chapter 67: Disappointment.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * *

30 July 3114

* * * * * * *

I pat Aleka's back and he nods at me. He walks over to Leven and hugs her so I do the same with Brutus.

"You okay Clove?" Brutus asks me in a hushed voice.

"Yes." I lie. My heart is about to burst out of my chest and I'm sweating. My skin is like snow it's so white and I feel like I'm about to faint. He entangles his fingers through mine in a caring fashion.

"I thought we agreed to not lie to each other."

"Brutus-" I begin but he cuts through me.

"Just remember that water's sweet but blood is thicker. Remember it." he warns and I nod, confused.

I walk away from him and over to my mentor. She smiles sadly at me as she approaches the elevator. We enter and immediately go upwards to the roof. I pick at the sides of my thumbs and hack at my lip.

All too soon the doors open and I'm greeted by the humid air. Leven takes my arm and pulls me out. My eyes land on the large hovercraft in front of me and I feel a strong urge to run away.

I'm pulled into a gut wrenching hug by Leven. She places her hands on my hair and sighs deeply.

"Do something about your hair before you go in, will you?" She asks and then I notice that her eyes are beginning to dampen.

"Sure I will." I tell her. "Oh Leven don't cry!"

"You can do it can't you? You can walk out of there, still with your baby?" She wipes a crystal tear from her eye. I feel my stomach churn. "Of course gou will,  you're Clove Emerson aren't you?"

I laugh slightly at what she says. A fake laugh that I hope she'll believe and I think she does.

"I'll see you in about three weeks honey. Now scat, get out of here!" she says softly first then harshly.

"Bye Leven and thanks for everything you did for me."

"Don't do that Clove!" she snaps pushing me towards the hovercraft. "Bye!"

I nervously turn away from her and walk towards the hovercraft. I can the butterflies in my stomach flapping angrily inside of me, causing me to want to vomit. I wave back at Leven before I get on. The metal doors shut behind me and I don't even blink.

This is it.

Aloe and Gloss are the only ones here yet. It goes by district. A Capitol woman leads me to a seat far away from both of them. I make eye contact with Aloe who I can see is hyperventilating.

"Arm please." the same woman says. I hold out my right arm and let her stick in the gun which spits out a tiny tracker. She pulls out the gun and I watch my skin swell to mold around the tracker.

I don't say a word to Aloe or Gloss. I feel that if I open my mouth, I'll vomit everywhere and that is the last thing I want. So I cross my legs and lay my head back.

One by one the tributes file in, district by district, female then male. When everyone is ready we rise up and begin to soar through the air. We're swallowed by the darkness.

It about twenty minutes we land. We're brought individually, district by district, female then male, to the underground chambers.

"Hey honey." Clara greets me in a sad tone. I give her a meek smile. "Let's get you ready, yeah?"

"If you have to." I laugh dryly. I take the set of clothes of Clara and begin to change in the bathroom. I use the toilet while I'm in there.

It's a light black pants with multiple pockets. It has a light blue string top, mounrain boots and that's it, no jacket or anything. I leave the bathroom and walk back to a pale Clara.