Chapter 28: ''The rule change that changed my life''

A/n- hi please play 'coming home' by diddy dirty money when you see NOW. Its very fitting. NOW is next to a date. Thanks. Enjoy

**********************

Clove's POV

**********************

7 August 3113 (9th day in arena)

**********************

My eyes widen in shock and fear. I feal every speck of blood leave my cheeks, leaving me with a white complexion. I feel myself starting to hypervetilate. I instantly feel woosy. I suck in a breath to calm myself. But only choke on the air, which leads to me coughing and splkuttering.

When Rue's delicate face leaves the sky, I look at Cato. His mouth is slightly agap, eyes wide and starind at the ashy-grass about two feet in front of him.

''Cato?" I ask. He looks at me. ''I'm not seeing things am I?" I continue, deadly serious.

''I'm, I'm afraid not Clo'' He whispers. I'm unsure if he's trying to convince me or himself.

''But-But how?" Is all I ask.

''I'll leave that up to your imagination'' he replies. ''Maybe someone killed both of them?" He questions.

''Well that fox-girl, Peeta, Katniss or Thresh wouldn't kill Rue'' I suggest. ''Maybe she had an ally, but she got berry poisoning, or maybe Marvel and Rue fought to the death''

Cato laughs loudly. ''I doubt that Clover, maybe they were miles away from each other, and just both died, in a short period of time''

''No, I-I think Rue had an ally. That would explain the supplies. Its either Rue and Thresh or Rue and Fire Girl. Peeta nor Fox-girl couldn't come up with a plan that smart''

''Yeah maybe, but all I know is that there both dead, its just us, the gladiators from two, we need to start moving, since its just you and me, we're completly out in the open, we'll find some shelter close to the lake and we'll hunt. We'll survive this Clo, I promise.''

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around me. He carries me into the cornuccopia, where we spent one last, cold, lonely night under the silver roof that has provided so much for us.

As I try to sleep Katniss comes into my mind. I'm unsure why though. I'm not scared of her, not one bit. But what I did find;

Is that I have a new growing fear of Thresh.

**********************

8 August 3113 (10th day in arena)

**********************

Waking, with all four limbs being streached in every direction is incredibly uncomfortable. I pry Cato's arms off me and slowly get up. Its hot out today, very hot. I pull off my jacket before I take a sip of my water.

I streach backwards as if going back into a crab. I don't go all the way, but far enough to make my back crack. I streach my legs and arms and head. Warmed up and ready for a fight.

Cato chuckles at me. I jump out of my skin, unaware that he was there. I let go of my leg and stare at him. ''Runing a marathon are we?" I smile at him and slap his arm.

''No just getting warmed-up, don't want to pull a muscle'' I smile. We don't have anything to eat, we just drink and then refill our bottles and add iodine to the water to purify it.

'I suppose we should find shelter first eh?'' I ask

''Yeah, this way'' Cato says, I follow him, I take one look back at the cornuccopia. Strangly I see the five of us. Rayna and I are joking. Glimmer is flirting with Cato. But when he pushes her away, she goes to Marvel. I sigh.