Chapter 68: Blood.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * *

31 July 3114

* * * * * * *

I slice the sand with my knife out of boredom. I still feel energized even though I've been awake since four am.

Nothing happened last night which disappointed me even more. I chew on some crystallized ginger to prevent me vomiting, again.

"Hey, where's Aleka?" I hear a voice and when I turn around I see that it's Olive. I shrug and bite down on the ginger.

"I woke up last night so I told 'em I'll watch-"

"So you didn't get much sleep, did you?" he asks me before he sits down on the sand.

"Eh kinda." I tell him.

"Any plans for today?" he asks before he bites down on a green apple.

"I don't know, we'll probably split up and go hunting."

He nods and yawns loudly. We sit in silence for a few minutes until I hear Demi waking every else up.

I sigh loudly and push myself up. I jog over to the rest of the groggy group and decide to take advantage of their sleepy state by announcing my plans for the day. "We're gonna split up into groups, three or four groups - whatever, and we're gonna hunt. We need to kill some tributes"

No one objects so I smirk, more to myself then them. "Pair up, one group of three and two groups of two, eat and wash, gear up and be ready in forty minutes." I walk away from them before I can hear any questions.

I check cautiously to ensure I have all of my beloved knives. And once I'm done that, I find my right hand fiddling with my engagement ring on my left. I empty my pack and then re-fill it once again.

I practically count down the forty minutes to go hunting, it's not that I want to kill, it's because I have to. I need to get home.

I declare that Faye is -and as expected- my partner. Aloe pairs with Gloss and Olive, Demi and Aleka are the larger group. Slowly, my wish comes through and the time arrives and I practically drag Faye out.

"Where are we even going?" she moans to me after about five minutes of departing from the sandy beach.

"I wanna head up the way we came last night, I heard water."

"Water?" she askes. "I thought we were hunting?"

"Okay Faye, first reason is that in a few days we'll run out of water, we might as well know where a supply is and the second thing is that tributes will be by the water, especially tributes who didn't take a pack. I thought you'd figure that out yourself."

"You'd think so wouldn't you." I give her a look which shuts her up, she hacks on her lip. Faye keeps extremely quite as I tried my hardest to re-trace my steps from last night, it took us roughly twenty minutes but we got there.

"Finally!" Faye whispers to me in an excited tone. "Water!"

I grab her arm as she starts to run to the flowing the river. "What?" she asks me.

"That could be positioned Faye!" I snap at her, her eyes widen and her lips form a large O. "I have water in my pack-" I say as I reach around and tug out the bottle. "-here." I toss it to her.

"Follow me." I say as I begin to jog through the vegetation. This is where agility comes into it, I dart back and forth between the trees and rocks on the ground. I can feel Faye's presence behind me.

"Stop up here." I whisper, she nods almost frantically and slows down her pace. She copies me and we stop dead. I crouch down and that's when I realise that there is an eery aura about this place, no tributes, no animals.