Chapter 56: I'll ruin your life

Clove's POV

* * * * * * *

5 May 3114

* * * * * * *

It was when Cato knocked on my door, in the light May sun, that made me shiver. He looks edgy and in a way, nervous about something.

I smile and tell him to come in. He nods and enters the house and makes his way to the sitting room. He takes a seat on the three-piece.

"Can I get you anything?"

"No" is what he says. He seems uncertain though, his eyes meet mine momentarily and then they flick away. "But ypu could do me a favour and sit down"

I sat on the other side of the three piece.

"What's wrong Cato? You seem, different?" I was beginning to get a little worried, what's wrong with him?

"Well yesterday, Rosalie came to me and told me that I needed to come over here and ask you what's going on. And if you don't tell me, she will. She said that you know what she's on about."

My body froze. Rosalie! I have to tell him now, what'll he do if Rosalie or Clarisse tell him?  No doubt he'll tell the kids.

"It's nothing important." is what I say, giving as little detail as possible.

"So there is something wrong!" Shoot! He caught me!

"Cato, I'll ruin your life, and I'm not worth that." I look away.

"Don't you ever say that. You, are my life, my world revolves around you, I want, no I need to know what's wrong baby?"

"Are you sure Cato?"

"Yes Clover, what's wrong?"

"Umm...."

"Did you kiss another man?"

"No, well Taylor made a move on me and that didn't end too well, so your okay."

"Did ypu sleep with some one? Are you pregnant?"

"No Cato" I say with a light smile. "I did nothing like that!"

"Are you a lesbian?" Cato whispers in a muffled voice.

"NO! I AM NOT!"

"Sorry, then what's up?"

"Well, I guess I may have ......"

"What? You have what Clove?"

"I may have cancer..."

"You may?" he gasps. "What does that mean, 50-50 chance? 75-25?"

I can hear the panic rising rapidly in his voice. His eyes glared into mine.

"No, an 100 percent chance.."

"I thought you said you may have cancer!"

"No, Cato I have cancer, ovarian cancer to be precise."

"W-what?" Cato stutters, he never stutters. His bottom lip shook a small bit and I felt like shit.

"Stage four"

"I don't understand?" My eyes filled with tears and suddenly became glossy.

"Don't make this harder then what this is Cato,  I'm begging you, I'm sorry!"

"How long?" Is all he says.

"Well he nurse said I've had it since I was thirteen, but I only found out days after I woke uo with amnesia."