Chapter 66: My life

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * * *

27 July 3114

* * * * * * * * *

I hug my knees close to ny chest. My nerves knaw at my stomach. Aleka lets out an almost pained sigh from alongside of me.

I bury ny head in my knees "Alora Nico, District One."

I bite my lip and chew it until it bleeds. I didn't eat during lunch for the second time in three days. I couldn't eat, I was too nervous.

I spent the three hours before lunch just standing in one spot throwing knives. Not even Gloss bothered me.

Ten or so minutes later and Aleka is called in. I don't speak to Demi or Olive, not even Faye.

The ten minutes that I was looking forward to relaxing and calming down flew past unwillingly. My name was called in what seemed to be about five seconds. In reality, it was twelve minutes.

Just do what Brutus and Leven told you.

But you're not good enough to do what they told you to do. You're too weak.

I'm one of the victors of the 74th Hunger Games.

No, Cato is. You'd be dead, only he saved you.

Because he loves me.

He doesn't love you, he pity's you. Who could love something like you?

No! He loves me, he does! We're getting married, he has to love me.

He only wanted to marry you to make you happy, you were supposed to die over the cancer. He doesn't really want you now.

"Clove-Adara Rambin, District Two." Everyone's eyes land on mine, I even make contact with a few.

I carefully stand up and strut into the hall. I leave the big metal door close behind me. I spot the game makers up in their own little section.

"Clove-Adara Rambin." I sigh. "District Two."

A new head game maker nods at me and I know this is my queue to begin. I confidently walk to the knives and select a few.

I pretend like I know a lot about them by putting some back down after I examine it.

Once I've selected the 'best' knives, and grabbed a spiked mace -just like Rayna's favourite weapon last year, her beloved ball and chain-, I position myself in the middle of the dummies.

They automatically shift around me. I hear a large beep and suddenly holographic arrows are being shot at me.

I duck and throw a few knives to my left and right and one behind me. I dodge the arrows as quickly as I can but I almost get caught at one point.

I fire another few knives in the confusion of the arrows. I don't do two many tumbles or flips, just sheer perfect knife throwing.

I grit my teeth and hiss. My hands are a frenzy, grab a knife and throw -in any direction. Come on Clove!

You can't do it, loser.

Katniss Everdeen, a scrp from District Twelve got an eleven, you only got a ten. You brought shame to your district.

I hiss quite loudly. I grab a knife from my belt and yank it off the hook. I spin it as it flies through the air.

I smirk gaily when it embeds itself in the dummies head.

As the arrows die down for a second, I note that all the dummies are dead, except one. All I have left is my mace and one long, shiny, serrated knife.