Chapter 70: Tweet Tweet.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * *

04 August 3114

* * * * * * * *

Gloss grimaces and makes a sickening sound, he examines my face some more. I scratched it last night as I slept and it bled it again, I woke up to my face being covered in dry blood.

I didn't tell them I fought Titus, they'd scold me because I didn't kill him. I said I got attacked by some mutt.

They believed it.

"Come on and I'll get you cleaned up."

"In the sea? No way it'll burn me to death and we don't have water to spare." I tell Gloss.

"No stupid, the river. It's only twenty minutes away." he informs me as he slings his pack over his shoulder. Reluctantly, I copy en suite.

"Aloe, take care of Faye for me babe?" Gloss asks and Aloe nods her head.

We trek into the jungle and we don't talk, we keep the silence. It's not awkward though, it's quite nice to have company but be quite at the same time.

"What really happened? There's no way that a mutt did that to you, you're to quick."

"It was a mutt!" I snap at him.

"Clove, what was it?" I panic, he sounds like Cato. God, I miss him desperately. I miss his hugs, I miss his body warmth even in the Summer, I miss his lips on mine, I miss him.

I fan my face with my hand as I glare at Gloss. He stares back at me. "What are you looking at?" I spit.

"Tell me the truth Clove!"

"Fine! Okay, I ran into Titus, we fought and then we fell, he knifed my face and I kneed him down there. I got up and left, happy?"

"You didn't kill him?" he asks me curiously as we arrive at the river.

"No, it felt like our little battle wasn't over."

"If Aloe and I weren't in here, I'd want you to win. Honestly." he says with sincerity of in his voice. I sit down on a boulder as I watch him opening his pack, taking out his first aid kit, pulling out bandages and dropping then into the clear water.

Ripples dance outwards from the white bandage. He pulls them out and wrings it out over the river. He lifts up my chin and I flinch at his touch.

"Let me help you will you?" he asks with a soft laugh. Why do I feel like I'm cheating on Cato because he touched my face. Only Cato does that.

It feels horrible to have him holding my face. He wipes the cut with the damp bandage.

He wipes it four times and then trails his thumb over it. I wince at the pain.

"It's not too deep anyways. It should heal shortly just don't go at it."

"What do you think I am? Seven?" I hiss at him, venom dripping off my teeth.

"Alright then." he snaps and stands up. I follow him as he walks back into the jungle without me. I sigh loudly and fling a knife at a nearby tree.

I walk over to it, yank it out and chase after him. "Gloss?" I call after him. I catch up with him momentarily.

"Sorry." I tell him. "I shouldn't have snapped at you like that."

"It's not like you to say sorry. But I'm sorry too, I know that you're younger then me but I didn't hsve to speak down to you like that."

"You're right, you shouldn't have!" I snap and he glances at me. "Sorry-"

"Clove you're so awkward aren't you? I can see why Cato loves you."