Chapter 40: Why she left.

Clove's POV

****************

30 August 3113

****************

''Whats going on?" I ask. Extreamely confused.

''Wait, let me introduce myself. It'll make sense then. My name is Carlee Emerson..." She say, very slowly.

At first, I thought it was just me, that I was hearing things. But when Cato took my hand and squeezed it, I look at him and he nods.

''Excuse me?" I ask, feeling as if all this didn't happen.

''You both deserve a valid explination.. I'd advise you both to sit down" she whispered, cooing her newborn, wide-eyed baby. "Lyme, Veran, come in please" she said, a little louder.

They both walked in. ''What's the babies name?" I ask.

Carlee looks at her husband Lyme, who is clearly begging her with his eyes. She frowns, then rolls her eyes and sighs before she says ; "Skye Celeste, it means Blue Sky."

She hands Skye to Lyme who sits on the other side of the bed, Veran pushes himself onto his toes as he stared at the baby.

''Beautiful name, and congratulations" I say. Lyme smiles, pushing away his black hair. I elbow Cato.

''Yeah, she's nice." Cato grunts. ''No, she's beautiful." I smile.

''Ok, so I guess I should start from the start eh?" Carlee laughs.

''Yeah, you think!" Cato spits as he sits down on the armchair, he pulls me onto his lap, I take his hand.

''Oi, watch how you speak to my wife!" Lyme shouts.

''I'm sorry, he's just very upset." I reply.

''Well, earlier this night, we were walking home, I didn't expect for any of this to happen. I bumped into Cato, and he recognised me straight away, he began to shout, and that's when you, Clove came out." Carlee told me.

''Annie and Finnick! I told them I'd only be a minute. Oh God!" I facepalm myself.

''No, its ok, I told someone to tell them, I saw you when I brought Veran to the toliet.''

"Thank you" I smile. He strokes Sky's face, gently. ''No bother''

''Ok, on the night before I was suppost to come home, I got this vision, that I ended up kiling Zonny when he was-" Carlee started.

''It's Oakley, actually." I wince at Cato's harsh words.

''Oh, ok, but I got this vision, that I ended up killing Oakley when he was sleeping, in the games I changed. A lot" Carlee whispered, almost ashamed.

But she did change, she went into this psychotic person that no one had ever seen before, she went ramped. Ended up killing the boy from District One, her bestfriend in the games, without a second thought, they were laughing one moment, the next was Carlee standing over him, hair falling out of her ponytail, a possessed look in her eyes. Her bestfriend lay on the floor, eyes wide, a spear sticking into his heart, blood pouring out. His cannon fierd before he hit the floor.

''Those visions scared me Cato, I couldn't control myself. I needed blood to be spilt thanks to me. Almost like an alter ego. I couldn't restrain myself. These little voices told me what to do, and I listened. I was so scared. That's when I realised, I just couldn't go home."

Cato scoffed and rubbed my hand.

''Oakley, he was just so, so naïve. I just-"

"Naïve, what has being naïve got to do with anything! He was only eight! Eight Carlee! Only eight!" Cato fired back.