Chapter 39: Old and new faces.

Clove'e POV

****************

29 August 3113

****************

An unusual smell of salt and fish wash over me. People begin to stare at me, then they gasp, realising who I am. Cato walks up behind me and takes my hand.

He leads me to a small house on the beach front. The living room has its whole decor; sea themed. There's a right angle sofa, a normal size T.V., and a little fireplace. A coffe table sits in the middle of this.

The kitchen is small, brown cupboards with white tops. A breakfast bar sticks out aswell. A cute, little dining table sits it the corner.

The bathroom is upstairs. It has a claw-foot tub, a shower, and obviously a toliet and sink.

There's one bedroom, which is again going for the sea theme. The bed hasblue silk covers, little fish and sea-shells are painted on the wall. Cato drops his suitcase.

''Oh my God, Cato look!" I gasp. I push open the balcony doors. Its right out over the beach."I bet it will look beautiful at night!" I say, clasping my hands together.

''I know its small bu-" Cato starts. ''No, it's perfect. It's just us. It's perfect" I smile.

''Cato, people are staring" I whisper, even though no one can hear us. ''Where?" Cato asks.

''On the beach, can't you see?" I say, rolling my eyes.

''Oh yeah, well, let's giv 'em something to stare at" Cato laughs.

''Cato! What the hell are you doing?" I whisper-yell. He begins waving his hands around like a complete manic.

''Cato, your mortifing!" I pout. He laughs and kisses my lips slowly.

''Get dressed" he says, walking to his suitcase. ''Into what?" I frown.

''A swim suit, we are at the beach, I didn't come here to be waving at people" he says, leaving the room, still laughing.

I zip open my suitcase, revealing my shorts, tops, swim suits, a few dresses, pj's etc. I pull out a royal blue bikini, and guess what! This was also provided to me by the Capital. Big suprise there, right?

I slip into it, not being too fond of the cold air against my skin. Then I realise why people were staring, I ran out of the train in my pj's. Well, my red bed shorts and a black tank top. I facepalm myself instantly.

I pull my hair up into, well, what I think is a bun. Then Cato walks in. ''CATO!!" I scream as I fumble to get the top of the swim suit.

His eyes are shut. ''I didn't see anything, your back was turned.!"

''Why did you come in?" I scream. ''Clo, it's been five minutes!"

''Oh, you see I can't tie the back of it" I confess. ''Show me" Cato says.

I hold the top over my chest, as Cato ties the neck and back strings.

I turn around and place my hands on his chest. ''Thanks'' I smile.

''Here, put these on, and let's go!" Cato hands me a pair of brown sandles from my suitcase. Also from the Capital.

I slip them on, and follow a running Cato out of the house.

I take off my sandles and hold the back of them with two fingers. I hear the strong sound of waves crashing against the soft sand, birds squaking in the sky, little kids running around in their swim suits, playing.

I step onto the sand, it feels weird against my feet, but a good kind. I scrunch up my toes, I laugh at the feeling of little grains of sand between my toes, and the balls of my feet.