Chapter 59: Clarisse's Baby

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * *

6 June 3114

* * * * * * * * *

"God, I missed you like crazy!" Cato tells me. I smile and bury my face into his chest.

"I love you Cato, and I'm  so, so sorry that I remembered you so late. We have no time left together!" I whimper.

"Eh, don't go all soft on me Baby Girl. And Clove, whether you die hear in this basement,  or in the house that I'm going to build for us when we get out, I'll be happy. Not that you died, but that you remembered me."

"How could I even forget you?" I ask rhetorically. 

Cato chuckles and strokes my face. "I'm going to buold you a house, in the meadow, by that pond that you like. It will have a huge kitchen and massive bedrooms. There'll be a balcony and you'll be happy."

"What about Nazera?" I mutter, glancing at  my sleeping baby.

"If she's your daughter,  and I'm with you, then she's my daughter too."

"Are you sure? Because if your unsure, you need to tell me now. I won't be angry or upset-"

"I'm sure. Trust me."

"I'm so lucky. To have you, your the best thing I ever had." I tell him, picking up Nazera,  who's eyes are now wide open.

"Are you okay, honestly?  How's your head?"

It's killing you, slowly but surly, it's killing you

"It's much better. No more pain. And I'm not going to dwell or feel sorry for myself over Kalen, Izabelle, Samara or Chase, you know where that got me last time"

He rolls his eyes and sighs dramatically. He then runs his hand through his golden spiked hair. He's so perfect

"I'm just going to focus on you, and Nazera." I  say, while nodding towards

her. She squeals with delight.

"What's her middle name?"

"I don't know,  should we pick one?"

"Rue."

"Rue?" I ask unsure if I heard correctly.

"Nazera Rue Rambin. I like it, it's cute and it flows."

"Are you sure?" I ask, placing my cild hand on his high cheek bone.

"Yes, she's perfect for her name. She's perfect for you Clove."

No she's not,  you'll be a terrible mother

I hiss at my own thoughts and shut my eyes momentarily.  Am I ready?

"Cato, am I even fit to be a mother?  I don't even know what a proper moyher does. I mean, look at the way Madge raised me!"

"You turned out petfect, you will be an amazing mum. I assure you that."

"For a month anyway."

"Clove! Don't say that! We could get a train to the Capital and get you fixed up. We could bring Roni and Nazera. We could go right now."

He pushes himself up for his position on the floor. We lay down shortly after I woke him. It must be 6am now.

I drop my hand from his cheek and I bite my lip. How do I tell him that just because I remember him, doesn't mean that I'm going to change my mind?

I feel strongly about this. I want my last few weeks, no days to be enjoyable and full of laughter. Granted,  I lost almost everything yesterday.

I don't want to be weak and snapping at everyone.