Chapter 6: Awkward moment

I run up stairs and shut the door. I think of the song Cato hummed. I know it. You see when my mother just had Kalen she was very sick, she was suppost to die my father would sing her that song, a month later he was killed. I start to sing the song..

'What I have in me, in the mind is you, I would die if we were through, what I'm feeling now, what I'm having is you, I'm lost in pain without you

All I have is you, it is all that I'm breathing for, all I need is you, now I cant make it through,

All the nights I've prayed, mostly sadly untrue, I am not prepared to be strong

I can't see you walk away

So cold, so alone

All I have is you

It is all that I'm breathing for

All I need is you

Now I can't make it through

I am losing you forever

I am lost in pain without you

I am leaving ground forever-'

'Clove, you want some dinner, hey what song was that, i heard it before........ oh was that the song father would sing to mother when she was very sick..' Ronnie ask curiously as i nod

'Cato was humming it earlier, I'm not hungry..' i say coldly. 'Em OK Clove do you have training tomorrow cause since you met Cato your always hanging out with him' ' Hey hey listen to me sisters over Cato's member.. No i think Zayn's wife is going into labour tomorrow so I'll skip and we can just hang out you know like old times..'

'But I thought you'd have plans with Cato..' ' No I don't, sure you have friends and you always made time for me so ill do the same for you k?' OK'

She leaves my room and goes down to have dinner, I lay on my bed thinking of guess who Cato, what will we do in the arena. We need to talk about it someday.

Cato and I are sitting my the river, the sun is shining through the trees, mocking-jays are singing. He shifts awkwardly, moving closer to me, I panic. What is he doing.... He leans in slowly, and me, stupid me, leans in too. Our lips brush off each others, this feels amazing. He pulls back and I mentally kick myself, I shouldn't have moved in, 'I love you Clove' he says, 'I-i-i love you too Cato.' He leans in fully this time, closing the gap. It starts to rain, very heavy rain. I don't care this is my first kiss I will enjoy it. His hands finds their way around my waist. And my hand go around his neck. His tongue brushes over my lip, em what am I supposed to do, oh I get it he want to make it passionate. I slowly open my mouth, and his tongue slips in. They barley brush off each other, I then feel his cold hand make its way up my top and-

'Clove, clove wake up....' I stare up but I don't see Cato, no instead my sister, 'What, Ronnie why did you wake me,?' She snorts 'You were saying Cato's name in your sleep, now c'mon we have a big day ahead of us' she chirps then leaves to get dressed. Shit, i was calling him in my sleep, Ronnie is one to joke but not one to lie.

So I get up slowly and get dressed into denim shorts with a green and white string top, before slipping on my runners. Ronnie and I spent the day around the Silicocks, District 2's trading and buying shop, or whatever its called. Once were done, we go home and have a small dinner, before getting our clothes ready for tomorrow. We then shower and go to bed.

I wake up to see Ronnie sleeping in my bed, clutching me tightly. You might thinks she would go to our mother when shes scared no not Ronnie, she goes to me. Its her first reaping, she must me worried. I wake her up and help her get dressed. Shes wearing her only good dress, a purple silk dress, its above the knee and has cap-sleeves. She leaves her hair down and puts on little purple pumps. I then slip my white dress my brown pumps and my denim short sleeve jacket. I brush my hair and leave it sown, and put on some of Clarice's perfume.

My mother refuses to go, as I will go next year, so Ronnie and I walk hand in hand to the down square, 'Clove, I'm scared' 'Hey don't be your name is in there once and if you get picked there will be a volunteer or if there is I will. Anyway Aarbriella is going this year' She nods then smiles. The town square is decorated and is packed. Ronnie and I get our fingers pricked and then I usher her over to the line.

'you look nice in that dress, Ms Rambin' i smile. 'You dont look so bad yourself, Mr Emerson.' Wait did Cato just flirt with me and I flirted back. 'You smell nice, Clarice's perfume' 'Stop sniffing me you pervert, but yes it is..' We talk until we must seperate into our lines, then Darcy, the escort for district 2, trots onto the stage, shows us the boring video then Aarbriella and some other boy go's off and we leave.

For the next few days were alound to stay at home to watch the games, Aarbriella gets a 9 in training and so does her district partner, I usually dont bother for these games, but since im going in next year, i focus on this years a lot more then i should. They both survive they bloodbath and I notice Aarbriella's hand in a cast. Ooops. She ends up getting to the final 8 then she gets killed. That was expected. District 4 male won this year, at least it was a career.

I wake up the next morning, its Monday, I have school, then training, then hunting. woo. Ronnie and I walk to school, not saying a word, We part once we get into the building. I start to head to my class when I hear Cato. 'hey Chaz' Cato says. 'Cato, man I haven't seen you in ages, how you been?' 'Alright you?' Cato replies.'Good, hey your getting quite close to your training partner, aren't you?' "Who, Clove? she's lovely. She's going in next year too.' 'oh OK, She's hot, my goal for the year is to get her in my pants' Em ewe no I'm OK thanks Chaz or whoever you are.

'Man, that's sick' Cato replies. This is my cue to walk past them. I slowly walk out and pass them their eyes are on me. Chaz is red. 'Hi Cato' I say. 'Hiya Clove, you going training today, Zayn's back?' He asks. 'yeah, I am, Ill see you there' I say. 'OK see you there Clove bye' 'Bye' As I walk around the corner I hear Zayn talk and all he says " You always get the cute girls, so unfair'

A/N- hiya guys, I hoped you liked it, please vote and comment cause I don't know what ye think when ye don't comment. I love ye guys so much for reading. i will either update tomorrow or like later their games don't start for a while yet. there is till a lot of training, birthdays, new characters and fighting. i worked so hard on this and the song is LOSING YOU BY DEAD BY APRIL but imagine it in a girl voice and slower. oh yes cloves voice kind of sounds like ELLIE GOULDING. upload soon