Chapter 82: Things are looking up.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

14 August 3117 (2 years after previous chapter)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"There, you look outstanding!" Clara tells me as she stands back to admire her work.

Roni nods excitedly and I grin at her. I look at myself in the mirror and I can't help but smile.

"Do you like it, Clover?" Clara asks me while fiddling her thumbs. I nod my head at her quickly.

"Yes, oh I love it!" I compliment her and run my hands over the soft fabric. She really has outdone herself this time.

Kyle walks into the little tent that we set up so I could get ready here and not have to walk through the meadow.

He stops and shakes his head with a huge smile on his tanned skin. "Oh Clover, you're beautiful darling."

He passes Roni and gives her a tight, long hug. He kisses her face gently and then walks over to me.

"I- oh wow." he gasps, he rubs my arm and nods at Clara.

"Thanks Kyle, are you sure about this now because I could ask Mason-" I begin but he hushes me.

"No. I'm honoured to walk you down the aisle. Cato has proven himself to me that he loves, cares and adores you. I approve of you together and you both receive my blessing."

I sigh in relief and cock my head to the side. When Asher died two years ago, Cato and I didn't talk or even look at each other for four months. He slept on the couch, woke early in the morning and wouldn't come back until late.

He was over at Rosalie's almost all the time. She told me. Eventually he spoke to me and apologised and I did too.

Now we're back on. And here we are, twenty five months later, we're getting married.

Those past twenty five months were filled with grief and sadness and trying to rekindle the flame we always had before I gave birth.

Nazera is now three and a half years old. She's going to start school in September, which is next month.

Melody, Roni and Spencer's baby was born at the end of May the year Asher was born. Rosalie also got married and Carlee moved up here permanently.

Kyle and Roni are now talking and being themselves again. They remained odd at each other until Melody was born.

In January, Cato proposed that we try for another baby. I was so reluctant and wary at the start but I eventually agreed.

I did everything recommended to get pregnant, and I guess it worked. I'm now three months pregnant for the second time.

Cato and I were, and still are so happy. It kind of makes the sharp edge of Asher's death blunt.

We don't know the gender, nor will we find out. Since I found out at the start of June, I have went to doctor appointments and scans at least twice a week.

I look at my dress in the mirror. It's a white, soft fabric. It's not silk or chiffon, it's a cloth feel. It has a sweetheart neckline that covers my chest. It has capped lace sleeves. My back is bare except for the lace that drags down into a V shape.

My curled hair is pulled up into this messy, yet bohemian like side bun. I have a few forget-me-nots pressed into the bun and around it. I also have a crown of delicately weaved flowers that rest gently on my head.