Chapter 53: Take Over.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * * * *

8 March 3114

* * * * * * * * * * *

"Go on, shoot...." I dare him. To be honest, I'd be just if he did. I'm sick of this, amnesia and this cancer. I hate this, not life. I want my father. I want my real mother. I want my life back and I'm not going to get it back, am I?

"Cocky one, ain't she?" The second one chuckles. "Clove Seinna Rambin. The victor of the 74th annual Hunger Games. How's Cato? Your sweetheart?"

"Why don't you ask me yourself?" Cato says while pushing himself up. His younger brother grabs his older sister. Cato walks over to us.

"Fantastic! " the first one says and backs off from me. The third one doesn't.

Inside I'm panicking. More then panicking. A man is pressing a machine gun into my stomach. What am I on about? I don't want to die! Help me! Cato!

"Kill two birds with one stone!" The second man jeers.

"Kill?" Cato questions still slowly approaching.

"Yes, you see we don't like you. At all. You see we're in the KAP. Kill All Panem. That includes you, and you Clove. And then the rest one by one and then your families, and then your beloved Capitol." I almost choke.

"We're after taking over. Peace Keepers? Ask where they are, go on ask!" The second man jokes.

No reply.

"I said ask!" He bellows. The third man pushes the gun further into my stomach. I try to hold in a whimper.

"Where are the peace keepers?" Cato rushes out.

"Dead!"

"All of them?" I ask thinking of Mason and Zayn's wife.

"More then half!"

I hear a gentle whimper from behind me. I dare to look around. It's Roni. Her eyes are starting to get damp and her bottom lip begins to quiver.

"Oh sweetheart. ..." the first man coos.

"Veronica Rambin" the second man says. I've a feeling he's the "leader".

"Kill her. Clove's sister." He tells the others.

"No!" Madilyn screams.

"No?" He laughs. "Hmm? Clove, do you want to hear what we'll do to your beautiful, precious sister?"

"Go to hell!" I hiss.

"Oh I'll tell you anyway. We're going to beat her, till she's numb. Then, I'll play dot-to-dot on her beautiful face with a nice acid, I'll gorge out her eyeballs and shove them down her throat so far thsat she'll see what it's like to be stabbed."

The other two men cackle.

I hear her whimper and then Kyle's gentle hush. I close my eyes. Get me out. When I open them, a tear trickles down my cheek.

"Aw, precious. She's crying." Cato's head swerves to me. I bow my head in shame.

"Let's get this over with, Cameron, " the first man says, the man holding the gun to me looks at him. "Do the honours, will you?"

He nods and approaches Roni. "Help him Stev" the second man walks over too.

"Get away from her!" Stev demands. Cameron points the gun at Madilyn. Kyle tugs the crying Madilyn away and over to Cato's family. Cato's still watching me.