Chapter 47: The Result & Your eyes.

Clove's POV

**********************

23 December 3113

**********************

"Are you ready?" Cato asks while coming out of the en suite, he was fixing his hair. I skim my eyes over my reflection briefly. I'm wearing a black, knitted dress that reaches just above my knee. I, once again had thick black tights covering my shivering legs. I had brown ankle boots on, which were extremely comfortable. I had a light brown trench coat, tied by the end buttons and the piece around my waist. I had a dark green scarf on and the same gloves.

I had makeup all over my face and neck, trying to hide the cuts and bruises. But, to my relief, they are almost going. Hopefully they go before we get back home. Roni will become suspicious as she knows I never wear makeup, unless it's absolutely necessary. I have foundation and concealer all over my face and down my neck. I have a coat of clear gloss on my lips. Mascara is all I have on my eyes.

My hair is tied up in a high ponytail, but with a small, cute poof in the front. Eh, I'm not going to get any better.

"Yeah, I am. Are you, pretty boy?" I laugh. "You took as long to do your hair as it took me to do my hair and my makeup." I say putting emphasise on and.

"My adoring fans want the best of me." I roll my eyes. Cato bends down so we're in the same line of vision. "It's almost over, okay? Just get through today and tomorrow night for me. Then we'll be on our way home. To see Roni, and Kalen, and all of them." He reminds me. I nod slowly and slightly.

"Any time you see Thresh, just take a deep breath and look around the room. You won't be on your own. And I'll be in the room next to you. Just call and I'll come running it. Got it?" He asks me.

"Yes.." I assure him.

"Look at me...." I look into his eyes of ice. They are so blue, it's breathtaking. His left eye is a tiniest bit lighter then his right. And in the corner of his left eye, is almost like a birth mark. I find myself getting lost in his eyes, and I dont seem to want to blink and come out of my trance. His eyes are like ice, a cold blue. But, at the same time, so warm, affectionate and loving. They seem to go on forever. Like space. No beginning, and no end.

"Any time you feel lost, just look into my eyes. I promise, you'll fine assurance." He promises. "Because, I love you. And nothing will ever change that. Your my girl. And, your stuck with me." He chuckles lightly.

"I love you too...." I whisper to him. He plants a sweet, soft kiss on my lips before grabbing my hand.

"Let's go.." he smiles. He opens the door and lets me out first, closing it behind him.

"Such a gentleman..." I laugh. He rolls his eyes, but I can see him trying to suppress a smile. He places his hand on the small of my back and leads me towards the main room. Where the doors are, along with some buffet tables.

Enobaria and Brutus look rather nervous. So does Clara, Clayton doesn't look that bothered, spending his time watching Darcy skip across the room. Everyone is wairy and nervous. Tonight, we find out the rule change.

The train emerges from the tunnel and I stare -like I did the first time- at the wonder that is the Capital. Skyscrapers that are multicoloured and people that look more like an extra-terrestrial then humans. It's all so mindboggling.

The train pulls to a halt and the doors open ever so slowly. I grab Cato's hand and im the heat of the moment, I find myself searching for his eyes. I catch them, and with a brief smile from Cato is when I hear the screaming aliens. Darcy goes out first, waving and smiling for the cameras.