Chapter 15: My birthday, The reaping And Shit

Cato's POV

My birthday is tomorrow. I'm 18. Clove has being acting very strange since I met up with Fiera, Carlee's best friend. The reaping is in two days, my brother Zonny and my parents, along with Clarice, Zayn and everyone else are oblivious to the fact I'm not coming home.

What will the arena do to us, what will it be like, its said to be more mentally tough then physically. As I lie in bed I wish I'd never meet Clove, she's all i think about, nothing else, she's screwing with my head. Badly.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATO" is all i hear. Painful at like 7 in the morning. I look up to see Zonny, my parents, Clarice, Bristle and Clove. When I see Clove in instantly jump up. She smiles at me and slightly bats her eyelashes. I know if I look at her, I'll kiss her. Not good.

I get stuff an 18 year old gets nothing much here in my district. Clove looks very tired, not good when the reaping is in two days. Clarice and Bristle are in a make out session the minute my parents and Zonny leave the room.

I get changed in the bathroom and when I return there still making out. I Sigh and grab Clove's wrist and pull her out of my house. Soon we are by the river. "Happy Birthday Cato" she mumbles.

"Hey Clover you ok?" she meekly nods. "you nervous?" she rapidly nods her head. I'm not surprised for the past month she is all tense and flustered. "Clove, look at me" I say cupping fer face in my hands. She slowly looks up. I gulp her hair is up in a messy bun, her grey eyes tell me fatigue has the better of her, anger, hatred, fear, worry and something else I can't put my finger on.

"Both of us will come home, one in a coffin, one the victor" she mumbles. I wrap her in my embrace. She's right, but I can't lose her, I love her. "shh shh It'll be ok alright I promise" She looks up at me, and sighs. I find myself looking at her lips, petite and dry. Oh not now Cato.

That's when I see the the tear, shes crying. "C-Clove your crying" "I'm not crying" she snaps "My eye got caught in your zip" "Clove I'm wearing my training uniform" She sighs. "You tell anyone I'm crying and I'll castrate you" I nod. She hugs me once again and mumbles something and then goes bright red. "What did you say?" "Um nothing, c'mon Zayn will be waiting for us"

We got to the training centre, today was our last day. Seems like yesterday I was seven, holding my first sword, now im 18, standing next to the love of my life, this will be the last time I'll ever be here.

"Hey guys" Zayn says. I nod while Clove runs at him arms open wide. "Zayn thank you so much for the free training, thank you" "Clove It was no bother, I swear." Zayn replies, "Ok this is your last day, we will talk about the games for half an hour, then its free training" "Yes!, What it was spear day today" Clove says.

"What do you do when you find a tribute?" Zayn asks Clove, we have been doing this for the past half an hour. "Kill them with no mercy" Clove replies. Zayn nods. "Go enjoy yer last day" he says dismissing us. As I pass him he whispers ever so quitly:"I know you love her" I can feel myself going scarlet, is it obvious?.

I look at him eyes open wide, and he has a smug look on his face, I run to the swords, chopping of their arms. I look at Clove, three knives per hand, like claws, one between her teeth. She smirks, and does a back-flip flinging a knife backwards, while in the air. Bulls-eye.

Landing on her feet, she wraps her arms around herself as if she was hugging herself. Then opening them out, flinging a knife left and right. Bulls-eye. Her eyes are closed. She opens them when she hears the buzz. She flings the remaining three knives in her hand straight ahead, One in the brain, one in the heart, one in the groin.

Stomping down on her right foot hard, a pocket knife shoots up, she grabs it and balances the blade on her finger, spinning it and then flinging it at Zayn. It hits right above his head cutting of a tiny bit of hair, embedding itself it the wall.