Chapter 43: More Then Once.

Warning: Foul Language.

**********************

Clove's POV

**********************

30 September 3113

**********************

"And that's the last box!" Cato declares.

Reese claps excitedly. Bristle chuckles. I hop of the kitchen counter, once my feet touch the cold marble floor, I run at Cato.

He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. He places his hands on my bum. He kisses my lips tenderly.

Bristle gags loudly. I glare evily at him.

"Aww, see Bristle, Cato's being nice and brings his own stuff to Clover's. Not to mention the fact that I'm pregnant." Reese rants towards Bristle. He hushes her by placing a finger up to her lips.

"Yeah, Clover. Cato's been really good you should repay the favour." I raise an eyebrow and look at him.

"With a lapdance." I give him an incredulous look.

"Where do I sign up?" Cato laughs before placing me on the floor and walking out and up the stairs.

"You, are, so, deluded if you think I'd do that!" I declare.

"What does that mean?" Bristle asks, raising the glass of water to his lips. Reese rolls her eyes.

"That your an ass!" I moan.

Bristle scoffs loudly and then begins to laugh. "Hardly, me? An ass? Pfft!" He chortles.

************************

I look at my tattoo in the mirror, I'm happy with what I chose.

"Now I'm a warrior. But, only because you saved me."

It's about Cato and how I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.

Every single victor in District 2 gets one. It's like a tradition. Cato and I got ours last week and only now is the red flesh cooling down.

I love it, its on the back of my right shoulder.

Cato got one the same day. His is so sweet, I automatically hugged and kissed him when I saw it.

"You say I saved you. But in all honesty, it was you who saved me, Baby Girl."

I mean come on, how flipping sweet is that. But I asked him how I saved him, and all he did was smile and shrug slightly. Then he mumbled something about mental-wise.

Cato got his exactly where I got mine. It wasn't intentional.

I skim my eyes over my reflection briefly. I look good-ish. That's not a word. God, I'm stupid.

My denim shorts hug my hips and upper thighs nicely, and my cream top makes me look skinner. There's gold studs up by the bust. I'm also wearing navy chucks and my hair is up in a high ponytail.

"Clo? C'mon, we gotta go!" Cato called up the stairs to me.

"Okay, gimme a second." I call back to me. I approve my appearance after another glance and run quickly downstairs.

"Ready now?" Cato asks, sarcastically.

"Ha ha ha!" I reply before I intertwined my fingers with his. "Where are Reese and Bristle?" I question.

"Oh they went to the doctors, just a check up." Cato answers and I nod, smiling up at him. He gingerly places his soft, moist lips onto mine and kisses me tenderly.