Chapter 79: Smile.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

18 November 3114

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Are you sure you're up for this?" Leven asks me with worry in her panicked eyes. She pushes her blonde messy hair over her shoulder. "You don't have to do this."

"I'm fine Leven, look at me!" I say to her while gritting my teeth.

"You just woke up today! The Capital can wait for another day-"

"They've waited three months for me Leven, three months!" I exclaim and she raises her eyebrows.

"I know but, I'm worried about you Clove. I don't think you're ready."

I woke up this morning after a thee month coma. The second I stood up in that hovercraft, I collapsed with exhaust, dehydration and starvation. The Capital often tried to medically bring me out of it but I was so weak, I couldn't.

I woke this morning, naturally. And yes, I did lie saying I felt better than I actually am. I just want to go home.

But in all honesty, I feel shocking. My head is pounding and I can't stop my hands shaking. My mind is racing, rethinking of the Games and all the mistakes I made in there.

"Yeah, I know. So does Clara, Brutus and Maysile- I mean Patrecia. But they don't know me. I'm fine, look at me! I'm done up and all!" I try to explain but I know it's not fooling her.

She stares me down for about a minute and then gives in reluctantly. "Okay Clove. It's going to be about four hours long, if it gets to much-"

"It won't, Leven. Honestly." I tell her with a fake smile. She tilts her head to the side and bites her lip. Her eyes begin to fill up with tears.

"I'm sorry-" she jolts. "I just can't stand to see you like this.  So broken, so helpless, vulnerable."

"Don't you cry for me, I'm not worth it." I inform her and she quietly excuses herself from my dressing room.

I position myself in front of the mirror and gaze at the vulnerable girl in front of me who is trying to put on a brave face.

I do admit that I look pretty. My hair is pulled up into a chain effect bun, I have three gold chains hanging from my bun. All I have is lipgloss on, my lashes are curled too. My nails are painted a mint, ombré glitter.

My dress touches the floor, it's a beautiful mint green. Under the bust area is a band of gold, where my bust stops the see-through, chiffon is pulled up to my shoulder and held there my a gold broach. It has no back but instead gold chains drooping down. I have a pair of gold strapped, six inch heels on that barely poke out from under my long dress.

There's only one difference to my from last year, physically. And that is that I have a very noticeable pregnant belly that my eyes always seem to land on.

My fingers skim over my protected and living baby. I even know what gender it is and I'm delighted!

I just can't fathom the thought that I am already five months pregnant! Well I suppose the coma and all, but still.

I make my way out of the dressing room, through the long corridors and passed the automatic glass doors. I meet Leven at the elevator and she throws me a limp smile.

We stand in and I clutch onto the bar as I look at the drop we must take. she gently presses "S", standing for the stage.

In seconds we are down and I open my eyes after squeezing them shut. Leven doesn't say a word but just loops her arm around mine.