Chapter 61: Glowing.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * *

20 June 3114

* * * * * * * * *

"Cato? will you carry me downstairs?" I ask him as I struggle out of bed.

"Hmm?"

"It hurts."

"Shit! Of course,  I'm sorry baby I didn't mean it." he rushes out. I kiss his face.

"Last night was perfect,  like a fairy tale. I love you."

"I love you too. C'mon and I help you get dressed." he helps me tug a white tank top over my head followed by my red and blue flannel shirt. He rolls up the sleeves up for me.

He walks over tothe wardrobe and pulls out some underware for me and a travksuit pants belong to him. He slowly helps me into both. He pulls a pair of socks onto my feet.

I tie up my hair while he dresses himself.  It really hurts. I'm so sore down there. I have to wear Cato's tracksuit pants. I hope no one notices.

He picks me up bridal style and carries me down the stairs. "How about you sit on the veranda and I make you some breakfast?"

"I was going to make you breakfast,  but I realised that I couldn't walk. I'm sorry."

"Oh Clove, stop saying sorry babe. It ain't your fault" he reassures me as he sets me down on the swinging chair.

He kisses my lips passionately before he disappears out of my sight.  There is a beautiful strong smell of wild flowers.

I rest my head back. I skim my vision over the tree with the tyre swing.  I briefly see Chase and Maysilee playing. I close my eyes.

I look at my engagement ring. It's so perfect. I honestly can't believe that this is real. My life is just  so amazing.

I'm getting married.  Married!  Me getting married, was something that I never thought would happen.

Cato walks out and hands my a cup of tea and burned toast. Just the way I like it.

I thank him and rest my head on his shoulder. "Thank you."

"Hmm? For what Clo?"

"For proposing to me last night. I was in despair before then, even though I said wasn't. I felt lonely and hopeless. But now, I don't know. I'm happy."

"Clo, I'd do anything for you. I was thinking about it for ages. Even before you got amnesia I was contemplating it. And then when I mentally lost you with the amnesia, and then I physically lost you with the cancer. And the bombing made it so clear."

It was silent for a few minutes while we ate. I just couldn't get over what he said to me last night, that beautiful little speech.

The candles and the flowers, it was so beautiful. I smile nostalgically.

"Cato?"

."Yes babe?" he asks me, taking my plate and putting it on the floor next to him.

"We're getting married!"

He laughs and runs his hand down my face. "I know baby, whenever you want. Tomorrow even, whenever you want, we'll get married. It doesn't have to be fancy or posh, we don't even need suits. Whatever, whenever."

" Thank you babe. I wish this pain would go away." I scold myself.

"Is it that bad?" he laughs at me, I join in.