Chapter 35: The Crowning

Clove's POV

****************

18 August 3113

****************

I gazed over my reflection once more. Then rubbed my skin. It was so smooth, so soft, like silk. Whatever 'tablet' Zeus made me take the night of the tribute parade worked, I didn't grow one extra hair on my body. No waxing. No plucking.

It amazed me, what I looked like. So perfect, but also I had a fragile and sensitive aura. I felt so proud, but also so scared that I could burst into tears any second. The thing is, I don't know why I feel so scared, fragile or sensitive.

Sure, I was just in the Hunger Games, but still. I couldn't help but wonder where Clara is. She dissapered a few minutes ago. I think we are in her room, I've never been in here before.

I looked amazing. Granted, I still had to where padding around my stomach and chest as I lost so much weight, but amazing still.

Clara had designed me a black dress that is about two inchs of the floor. It has a slit down the left side. Also on the left side, it has like this section of black gemstones, a small section. Its strappless, except for the fact that the right shoulder has some kind of thick strap, made of black lace.

I had black high heels on, about six inchs. My make-up was subtle. I had a light blush on my cheeks, which gave them a healthy glow. I had dark eyeshadow on, and a thick layer of mascara on my bottom and top lashes. I have a flick of eyeliner coming from both eyes. And red lipstick.

Not subtle to me, subtle to Capitol people. My hair was curled with a weird contraption that Patriceia called a 'curling wand'. It was beautiful curled, then pulled into a low, side bun, with just a black gemstone clip securing it. I have all my jewellery on.

I sat on a chair, elbow stru g over the table, when I noticed something. A gold ring, attached to a chain. I picked it up and read it; "TRUE LOVE AWAITS" it read. A purity ring. Ronnie would always admire them anytime she past the shop window.

They are the most expensive jewellery in our District, just behind wedding and engagement rings. Clara walked in. I dropped the ring, in fright.

I hurry to pick it up. ''Sorry'' I whisper, handing her the ring. She grinned at me. ''Thanks for reminding me hunny, I was wondering if you wanted it? I don't even know why I still have that?" She said running a hand through her dark hair.

''You don't have to! I just know what it means to you" she explains. I nod quickly.

''I'd love it, thank you!" I exclaim. She smiles, clasping it around my neck. I turn around and hug her.

''C'mon hunny, don't want to be late" I winced at the name, my father used to call me that.

*****************

''So remember, happy, you just won the games, with your boyfriend. Smile and be grateful, oh and kiss him!" Eno yelled as she was dragges away by Clara.

I nod, then stare straight ahead, listening to the cheers of the crowd, fiddling with my jewellery, the lace strap on my shoulder. Yeah, I'm nervous. I'm just about to chew on my nail, when I remember the polish Delini put on. Black with a gold crown.

''So let's welcome them back, our very first pair of victors, Cato Emerson and Clove Rambin!"

A man in black helped me climb the stairs and then directed me towards the stage. I was blinded my the lights, I blocked the light with my left hand, it looks like I'm waving.

Then I see him, standing a few meters away from me, in a black suit with a white shirt, with the top two buttons open.

I can't get to him fast enough, not with my heels anyway. People laugh and smile as I sprint to him. I jump up into his arms, coiling my arms around his neck. He spins me around three times, while I laugh uncontrollably.