growing boy

Haruto drew out a dramatically long sigh as his body came in contact with his un-sheeted bed. His mom thought he deserved a break after moving all of his junk from the van to his bedroom. The boy groaned as he stretched his soar body, suddenly rising from the mattress.

He glanced around his somewhat empty room. It wasn't that huge, and the window was awkwardly placed in the view of another house and not towards the sun, but believe it or not, the boy was content. He'd finally gotten his own room after multiple complaints to his parents about how he was a "growing boy"- which was true. The complaints finally got to the couple. Besides, Haruto was a solid 17 years old. He deserved his own space!

"Honey?" The mentioned boy's head snapped in the direction of his doorway when he saw his mother giving him a worried look.

"Ah, it's smaller than i thought.." she clicked her tongue.

"It's fine, though, mom." Haruto giggled as he watched his mother wonder around his room that was littered with boxes.

"You sure? The window isn't positioned well either.." she began nitpicking.

"It's hot too. Does this have any vents? You know you don't do good in the heat -" Haruto snorted as he walked towards his mom.

"Nah, it's fine. There's enough room for my desk, bed, and there's a closet. I'll figure it out." He gave her a half hug.

"Don't worry so much, mom." Mrs. Watanabe gave her son a warm smile before squishing his body into a full-on mommy bear hug.

"Aish, I know honey, you're just so grown up now." She caressed the tall kid's silky hair, "Just make sure you still have time for little old me."

"Okay.. mom- let me go...I'm dying here..." The 17-year-old croaked out before his mom pulled his neck down and placed an aggressively sweet kiss on his forehead.

"And don't forget to play with your sister more! And your father could use a hand while doing his work so you two should still bond -"

"You're asking a little too much now, ma." The tall boy joked, fixes his messy locks.

"You two were inseparable. He used to buy you Legos, and you two would always build them together." Haruto snorted.

"Well, it's obviously different now, I don't suppose dad can sing well?"

"What do you mean boy, have you never heard the legend of the Japanese siren, Mr. Watanabe?" Haruto made a gagging noise when his dad barged in their conversation.

"Y'know, legends say he lured the fairest of maidens into the sea, isn't that right Mrs.Watanabe?" The teenager gave the two a grossed out look.

"That's it, out you two!" He jokingly kicked the couple from his bedroom.

"Don't be upset, kid, you'll meet your very own Mrs. Watanabe one day." His dad wiggled his bushy eyebrows before exiting.

"Yeah, right." Haruto rolled his eyes playfully, as if.

.
.
.
[Note: Sorry, I really suck at writing, so bear with me! And I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment and tell me ur thoughts on this <3]