a lazy date

"It's my first time," Jeongwoo says between muscles on his bread, looking up at Haruto with those deep brown eyes.

Haruto garners all the strength he has to stare back, still slightly sick from all the roller coasters Jeongwoo forced him to ride. "First time for what?"

Jeongwoo smiles about something, "Riding a rollercoaster and tasting sweet bread."

Haruto eyes him with disbelief, guiltily mumbling out, "Shouldn't you have gone with your family or something? I think it would've been more... special."

"Nah." Jeongwoo sets his bread aside and reaches for Haruto's own pastry before taking a bite, the Japanese boy barely processing it to the awkwardly long eye-contact.

"Hey-" He kicks his crush's leg under the table and frowns, looking disgusted at the big bite Jeongwoo takes from his food. "You've got your own, idiot!"

Jeongwoo does an ugly little pout. "I like yours more, though! Mine is too sweet!"

Haruto rolls his eyes, grabbing a piece of tissue from the table and bringing his hand dangerously close to his neighbor's lips. "It's literally called 'sweet bread' Jeongwoo. What'd you expect exactly?"

The younger one doesn't respond and Haruto realizes all too late that he probably looks weird right now, wiping his finger across the younger guy's lips like some kind of parent so he hesitates and Jeongwoo gives him a look that he doesn't want to understand.

"Haruto..." Jeongwoo's voice is soft, and Haruto completely ignores that detail, trying his hardest to hide his flusteredness.

"Haruto?" His neighbor calls again, reaching for Haruto's face this time, and Haruto swats Jeongwoo's hands away from him.

"Knock it off, woo." The Japanese boy utters because Jeongwoo has got that teasing look on his face again.

"Didn't you say you wanted to try more rides-" Jeongwoo's eyes flicker across his face momentarily and then dart to the sky, noticing the cloudiness.

"We should probably get going now." Jeongwoo finally says something that makes sense. Haruto nods his head, hands balled up into his pockets as he notices Jeongwoo's red face.

"What?" The younger guy responded with a hum, looking at him with wide eyes.

Jeongwoo shakes his head, "Nothing."

Haruto shrugs, waiting for something, and his annoying neighbor slots his hand in between Haruto's arm and his side.

"Let's go..." Jeongwoo says, cheeks still slightly red, and Haruto wonders what's gotten into him, totally not finding him cute at all.

.

Haruto groaned, trying to find a comfortable position sitting against the window, and Jeongwoo wasn't helping. The bus was narrow and definitely not the space for two oversized teenagers. Especially when one of them has shoulders as wide as the sea.

"Jeongwoo, move your arm, I'm trying to rest." He whispers, trying not to disturb any of the other passengers, and Jeongwoo shakes his head, his arm digging painful gashes into Haruto's stomach.

"You move your legs then, I can barely fit." Jeongwoo mumbles, lazily jabbing Haruto's legs with his own.

"Stand up then!"

"I'm tired. You stand up." Jeongwoo groans, lazily and Haruto shoves him slightly, which doesn't really do anything.

"There's more seats, Jeongwoo." Haruto tries straightening his legs and positions himself so that he is leaning most of his weight onto Jeongwoo, but that doesn't work, mainly because Jeongwoo was even more non-cooperative when he was tired.

He sighs, "If you don't scoot, I'll sleep on you." Jeongwoo doesn't budge, so Haruto tips his head over and lays on Jeongwoo's surprisingly comfortable shoulder. Not even a second after he closes his eyes, he feels the weight of Jeongwoo's head on top of his own.

It's uncomfortable at first, but he doesn't really care, so he just snuggles slightly closer and allows himself to drift off.

That's until Haruto hears the bus stop and then realizes.

"Jeongwoo, that's our stop!"