simple.

It was just four simple words.

"Jeongwoo, I like you."

Haruto wanted to pinch himself so he wouldn't literally pass out from embarrassment.

He stared blankly at the dark ceiling in his bedroom, partially glad he couldn't see himself blushing like an idiot.

Dear Lord, why him?

Why'd he have to become the one who gets the cliche crush on his next-door neighbor?

Life really wasn't fair.

Probably why Haruto was lying on his bed, wide awake, trying to figure out a way to just say it.

But it's so hard!

What would Jeongwoo even think of him?

Haruto could barely imagine the amount of teasing he'd receive if that brat rejected him.

Oh, and there's the other problem.

Rejection. Haruto's worst enemy.

He was a blunt person, honestly. He's never afraid to speak what's on his mind. But when it comes to Jeongwoo it's like... everything stops.

It was confusing, but he understood it.

Haruto liked Jeongwoo, but he couldn't keep doing this.

Liking people is hard.

"I like you... Jeongwoo," He whispers to his quiet ceiling before shutting his eyes tightly and sighing.

If he's gonna do this, he's gonna do it right.

.

The next morning was like a blur, Haruto walked to school, trying his damned hardest not to combust because Jeongwoo kept staring at him with concern: Or at least what looked like it? He really wasn't sure.

Anyway, the bell rang, and Haruto had to convince his neighbor to let him come over (because Jeongwoo is hella suspicious of his intentions for no reason) until he finally agreed. Sorta.

"So eager to go inside, huh?" Jeongwoo says, stopping him by the doorstep, his eyebrow raising as if he was watching Haruto's every move (which the delusional Japanese boy was not upset about), and Haruto tried his best not to cave under the slightly shorter guy's gaze.

"Jihoon-hyung," Haruto uttered slowly, making sure he didn't sound too loud, "I wanted to ask him something."

Jeongwoo glare thickens, "Again? What's so important?"

"Secret." Haruto says with a straight face.

His neighbor scoffs, "Unbelievable!" He throws his hands up dramatically, "You guys have secrets?"

"Uh," Haruto shrugs. "I guess. Can I get through now?"

Jeongwoo pouts, "No." He says, and Haruto would say he was cute if he wasn't kinda getting in the way of his plans. "I'm your friend. Not him."

Haruto turns away to blush, "Corny."

Another glare shot towards him, and Jeongwoo moved to the side, stomping off towards his own room.

"What was that all about?"

Haruto's heart nearly jumped out of his chest when Jihoon's voice came from behind him.

"Hyung!" He half shouts, "Don't do that!" Haruto adds, making his way towards when Jihoon was cooped up on a couch.

"What's the matter?" Jeongwoo's brother gives him a look - that look - the one everyone has been giving him since he's been this obvious.

"It's nothing, really, I just..." Haruto breathes, his bashfulness showing in the way he averts his gaze from Jihoon's, "I just need some more... advice."

"Advice?" Jihoon scratches his chin like he's thinking or something, "What kinda advice?"

Haruto knows he couldn't possibly get redder than this, "You know..."

"I do?" Jihoon grins like some sort of villain, and that doesn't help Haruto's case.

Haruto bites his lip. "Hyung. I want to confess to him..."

"But I'm scared... I mean, we haven't known each other long and-" Jihoon flinches when Haruto quickly looks up at him with glossy eyes.

"What if he doesn't like me back?"

Jihoon snorts for some reason that Haruto doesn't understand before reaching over and grabbing Haruto's hand.

"Hey, It's perfectly normal to have doubts.. but you should still try."

Jihoon pats his head, a sweet smile coming into view, "Don't cry. Besides, I don't think you have to worry about the 'not liking you back' part."

Haruto sheepishly wipes his cheek, sorta embarrassed because he's never really cried over small things before. "What do you mean?" He asks, and Jihoon's grin only widens.

"You're all he ever talks about. I get an ear full of you every week. It's... It's a mess." The Korean guy punches him in the shoulder - a little too hard - while giggling and the Japanese only grabs his arm and looks down - the smile a little too obvious on his lips.

"Really?" He asks, just for the hell of it. The thought of Jeongwoo talking about him - probably with those scrunched brows and frustrated voice he always gives him.

Jihoon rolls his eyes and nods as if it were a fact. "God, trust me. He never shuts up, and that's coming from me."

"But you should just go with your gut, Haruto, I'm sure everything will turn out fine." The older guy adds, and Haruto purses his lips.

"Thanks, I will."

[Note: OK, bye fr this time, gotta take my break lol].