down bad

Jeongwoo knew he wasn’t a complete idiot.

“You can’t ignore him forever, Jeongwoo.”

And he knew that.

Okay. Maybe he was kind of an idiot. Can you blame him, though? Haruto was so hard to read - damn that brooding emo!

And maybe his mind was just not letting go of that scene. Haruto’s half-parted full lips, pink and plush, his jet black hair blending with the ashy grass beneath him.

Has the emo boy always been that pretty?

Short answer: Yes.

Was Jeongwoo a masochist for foolishly falling head over hills for his neighbor?

Also, a quick answer: Absolutely.

Problem was, the Korean boy has never really found anyone even remotely attractive before, but he’s pretty sure that's what this is.

I mean, what else was it?

The way his ears would heat up when Haruto so much as batted an eye at him…

The way his heart pumps three times the beat against his chest when he is around him…

Down bad, Junghwan would probably say. And Doyoung would probably say something about how obvious he is.

Jeongwoo sighs, sifting his hand through his hair. “Shut up.” He says all too late because his older brother was already cackling like a maniac, head thrown back like the gremlin he was.

“You two are hopeless,” Jihoon manages between laughter and Jeongwoo wishes he could curse right now - just say a big curse and watch as Jihoon’s smile deflated in offense.

“Says the one who’s staying with his mom.”

“I took a semester off, you dork.”

“Sure, hyung.” Jeongwoo scowls, lifting up and running to his room successfully, avoiding the headlock he knew was coming his way.

The Korean had finally come to terms with Jihoon’s words. He knew he wouldn't be able to avoid Haruto for long. It had only been a day, and he had already practically folded. Jeongwoo needed Haruto’s presence.

He needed this off his chest.

Needed to tell his neighbor how he feels.

But he hadn't thought of it. Like seriously! What would the Japanese think? It had been obvious that Haruto kinda disliked him.

Also, Jeongwoo had never been one to like someone, let alone confess.

Sometimes, he could barely tell his mom those damn words.

Geeze, everything is so embarrassing!

It would only be a matter of time before Haruto noticed anyway.

His secret smiles, and even Jeongwoo knows that the way he looks at his friend isn’t in a friendly way at all.

It was a matter of time before Haruto found him weird.

And Jeongwoo was weird.

“How do I look?” Jeongwoo says in the doorway of Jihoon’s room.

His hyung's eyes narrow, and a smirk crosses over his lips, “Like always,” Jihoon pauses and lifts from his bed, walking over to the younger boy.

Jeongwoo shook his head, pertaining to the coat he threw

“Seriously?” Jeongwoo tilts his head when Jihoon makes a face and shrugs.

“Hey, wait-” His hyung's nostrils flared. “You smell like- is that my cologne?”

Jeongwoo smiles sheepishly, “Nope!” He gulps, “Gotta go, hyung!”