cold hands

Haruto was confused. It was morning as usual, and he said he would pay for the younger's breakfast since it was him who overslept, curtesy of 'trying to brush up on his keys randomly at 3Am' idea he had last night.

So, ultimately, he agreed to meet Jeongwoo for breakfast. One problem, though, his neighbor was chattering his ear off. Not that he didn't do that 24/7. It's just that the boy couldn't seem to find a topic to talk about other than:

"Since I'm going to be a tutor, Yujin noona asked me to stay after school!" Jeongwoo said happily, taking a small bite from his toast, and the soft music of the restaurant totally contrasts Haruto's mood right now.

Haruto's face grims, "What?" His eyes shift towards the younger, "Why?"

"It's an after-school session," The Korean boy grins. Haruto sighs, running his hand through his mop of dark locks.

"Are you still on that?" The slightly taller male asks seriously, and Jeongwoo only creases his eyebrows.

"Yes?" He mumbles, "I don't get you.."

"Whatever. Let's just get to school." The Japanese boy grits, standing from his chair at almost abruptly and to much of Jeongwoo's dismay, forgetting to place money down for their meal, and the Korean boy smiles nervously to the waitress.

-

The silence of the walk to school is almost suffocating. Jeongwoo kept slightly glancing at Haruto like he had something to say, and Haruto's usual ignoring the boy until he fixed his mouth to finally speak to him.

What do you get when you put fire and water together? A disaster, that's what. (Well, actually, you get nothing, but I just wanted to sound cool.)

Haruto frowns, figuring he will actually have to initiate the conversation, but as soon as he breathes in, Jeongwoo clears his throat, and Haruto's eyes immediately shift to the tanned boy.

"Are you mad?" Jeongwoo says with his puppy eyes, hands creased into the thread of his school sweater, and Haruto's annoyed mood from earlier immediately lifts as he lets out a distressed sigh into the cold air.

"I'm not.." He murmurs, pocketing his hands, and Jeongwoo's eyes are probably staring through his soul right now, but that doesn't matter, because the Japanese boy is blushing like a school girl right now, and he's too busy trying to hide it to notice.

There's a silence between the two, and Jeongwoo finally walks beside Haruto at the perfect speed. The Japanese heart picks up impossibly faster when the back of their hands brush against each other, and Haruto somehow still finds time to cringe at the cliché-ness - but he's also expecting something. He doesn't know what exactly.

He's just expecting it.

But one thing his parents taught him is he shouldn't wait for something he wants, so he shuts his eyes and blindly catches Jeongwoo's cold hand, clasping it between his own.

"What are you doing?" Jeongwoo questions for a second, but only for a second before he shrugs his shoulders, adjusting to the weight of Haruto's fingers intertwined with his own.

.
.
.
.

"You can let go now." Haruto jumps a bit when the younger boy's voice come out of nowhere, and when he looks up, they are already at the entrance of the school. The Japanese rolls his eyes, dropping Jeongwoo's hand quickly, causing the Korean to grin teasingly. Wouldn't want anyone spreading rumors.

Yup, because that would be a disaster.

[ Note: Hiiii everyone! Sorry if the update was a bit a bit short, my family is getting ready for the holidays. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this. Stay tuned!! Love all and Feliz Navidad/Happy Hanukkah. (if u don't celebrate then... have a good day!).

P.s. The HAJEONGWOO LIVE THO??? THE CRUMBS??? IM CRYING GUYSSS! AND CONGRATS TO TREASURE FOR ALL THEIR REWARDS, IM SO PROUD OF THEM HUHUUU!!]