missed opportunity

Haruto feels like a total idiot. It's been approximately thirty-five five minutes since he's last seen Jeongwoo. The younger also told him before-hand (plenty of times) that he'd be with his group that day, and to walk home without him but no, Haruto was still very much at the school, leaning against one of the many brick arches at the front.

The dark-haired boy sighs, probably realizing that Jeongwoo, his neighbor that he's totally not waiting on, isn't coming around the corner anytime soon. He pushes up from the brick and grabs his bag, slinging it onto his arm, a frown etched onto his face.

The Japanese boy was just about to leave through the gate when, as if on cue, he heard a familiar voice, "Haruto?"

Haruto turns to Jeongwoo, eyes wide. The younger boy has a book tucked under his arm, his uniform neatly tucked in. Jeongwoo grins, brows scrunched in confusion.

"What are you still doing here?" He asks, and Haruto might've completely tuned his neighbor out. Maybe because Jeongwoo's skin blended so well to autumn leaves, sprinkling slowly from the tree in the school's garden.

Or maybe because the sun that peeks slightly through the trees reflects rays of light into the irises of his neighbor's pretty dark brown eyes. Then Haruto notices he's probably been staring way too long to be considered normal because Jeongwoo's grin was gone.

"...Sorry," Haruto stammers out, finally looking away. Jeongwoo only giggles, shrugging it off.

"Why are you apologizing?" Jeongwoo laughs, "You need something?" He then questions suspiciously, stuffing the book into his bag, zipping it up. He glances at Haruto again, and the dark-haired boy flushes, knowing he has to find an excuse quickly. Wait, why is he looking for an excuse?

"O-oh Are... are you good with writing?" Haruto stumbles on his words. Did I just stutter? Did Jeongwoo just make me stutter? Haruto shakes his initial thoughts, gulping down his dry throat.

Jeongwoo gives him a look, "I am," He crosses his arms to his chest with yet another cheeky grin, "Why?"

"I just needed some help revising my essay... and yeah."

He swears he sees Jeongwoo's grin widen, "Yeah, okay."

"My house or yours?" The slightly shorter guy asks, nudging in the direction of their houses, probably ready to start walking.

Haruto gives him a slight smile, face flushed, "Yours?"

The younger nods, walking to Haruto's side, approaching the school gate, and that's the only time the Japanese realizes how late it is. One thing he notes is the way Jeongwoo's arms are on his sides as he walks.

Haruto's thoughts jumble together, something in the back of his mind chanting grab his hand. That's right. Nothing weird. He just wants to hold Jeongwoo's hand again, okay?

He purses his lips, reaching down to Jeongwoo's wrists when the younger suddenly moves his hands, pushing them into his pockets - completely oblivious that he causes to jolt.

The Japanese boy let out a sigh, and his hands snapped to his side. Jeongwoo's pockets are doing his job for him. What a missed opportunity.

[Note : Hi guys, i hope you enjoyed this update. I've been really stressing about this one, but it's finally done. Sorry it took so long, I also plan on updating again really really soon, so if it's short don't be alarmed. Anyways, sorry for rambling ! Love you guys ty for reading! Please leave a comment or give me feedback if you can, I love reading them. See you soon. <3]