perfect size

Realistically, it probably would've taken Haruto a whole year to muster up the courage to ask Jeongwoo on another date.

Hell, he could hardly even say the word date around his neighbor without his brain, literally screaming: Abort! Abort!

But he made up his mind, no matter how much his system attempted to shut down.

Haruto wasn't really worried about the rejection part, though his ego would probably never recover and his heart? Yeah, that would be pretty painful.

Anyway, Haruto stood in his usual spot a little more confident this time as he waited for Jeongwoo to stop running his mouth (not in a jealous way, an introverted way because being jealous is way too much effort).

And just as Jeongwoo began walking past him towards the door, Haruto caught his wrist which startled the hell out of his neighbor - at least that's what it looked like, and Haruto wanted to laugh, but he didn't have it in him.

Before the latter could even finish his, "Wah, ruto, you scared me-" Haruto pops the question.

Well, not 'the' question, but there was always the future. And yes, he was planning for the future already. Never hurts to be a little delusional, right?

The little brat - also known as Jeongwoo - looks him up and down for a second, and Haruto thinks this is really it. Jeongwoo figured him out, and now they won't be-

Then, Ruto seriously came up with the conclusion that the boy he likes is immune to romance because Jeongwoo goes, "Are you planning to get rid of me?"

Haruto scoffed. That was the most ridiculous thing he heard.

He thought his idea was cute: a little picnic by the pond they pass by on their walk to school - truly he had thought of it because the way Jeongwoo always looks so entertained by the duckies swimming and maybe he wasn't actually Haruto's age 'cause it was pretty childish.

He couldn't even register the face he was making, his brows scrunched deep, and lips puckered out before he heard something strangely close to Jeongwoo's teasing snort.

"Kidding," Jeongwoo smiles at him while readjusting his backpack straps (that was probably uncomfortable on those shoulders) and turns to him, shifting Haruto's hold on his wrist and curling his fingers around the older boy's smoother ones.

Haruto blushed - not because it was extremely endearing the way Jeongwoo always knew what to do to fix his mood or anything - and instead decided to focus on the wind blowing softly against his face.

"Of course I'll go with you!"

And just like that, Jeongwoo strings him along again, in the most simple way. A charming smile and an annoying poke to his side - and the Japanese is definitely not small whatsoever but he likes to think he's just the right size for his crush to hug him - vice versa, you know?

But to hell with those thoughts, Haruto had another (one-sided) date to plan.

To be continued...

[Note: Sorry for the short update, next part will be coming soon! Tell me what you think in the comments!! i always enjoy feedback and what-not. ty for reading!!<3].