perfect size (3)

- ‼️content warning‼️ kabedon ahead (skip if uncomfortable!!<3)

"Stop moving."

"What? I'm not." Haruto defends, his fingers curling over the grass as he plucks it out, piece by piece.

"Stop-" Jeongwoo says again, and Haruto's leg goes uncharacteristically still when he feels Jeongwoo's full head of brunette hair feather onto his knee.

And maybe his cheeks were red as the cola can he was holding. Or his heart was beating spontaneously out of his chest and very visible right now.

Haruto didn't allow himself to fall into delusion this time because he was really here and Jeongwoo's head was there on his knee, blabbering nonsense facts about ducks that nobody really needs to know and Haruto kinda wants to shut him up.

Then it just flashes into Haruto's mind when Jeongwoo whips the crumbs from his lip - his first mistake was looking down at his lap.

Jeongwoo's lips.

And as if on cue, Jeongwoo turns his way, pointing in on a trail of little ducklings - his cute bunny teeth flashing and all.

"-aren't the mother ducks so cool?"

Haruto blinks, "Huh?" He says, trying to salvage any of the conversation he zoned out while looking at Jeongwoo's lips. Damnit, Haruto! Stop being a creep!

But it would be nice to shut Jeongwoo up sometimes. You know, with his mouth. On the younger boy's mouth. For just a minute. Totally not kissing or anything.

"You're always zoning out, Ruto-ya." Jeongwoo talks in pout as he sits up off of Haruto's leg - kinda sore now - and is now sitting cross-legged again.

Haruto shrugs his shoulders.

And it was all nice and dandy until a firefly landed onto Haruto's finger, and he tapped Jeongwoo on the back.

"Look." He says, waving the little (big) bug around on his finger, entertained at the fact that it didn't fly away and then-

"EW-" Jeongwoo literally screeches, and Haruto believes his eardrums busted in that second.

Then, Haruto gets an idea. "Jeongwoo-"

"STOP!" Screams the poor younger boy, who is now all the way at the edge of the blanket, "KEEP IT OVER THERE!"

Haruto just laughs and brings the bug closer to Jeongwoo, annoyingly making a 'bzzt' sound.

.
.
.
That's until Haruto hears Jeongwoo making an angry noise, and all of a sudden there's a strong grip on his wrist, which causes the bug to fly away.

"That's not fair." Haruto startles when he hears Jeongwoo's voice again, his expression immediately melting into a smug look when he looks up to see Jeongwoo's pouty face.

"Scared?" He asks, ignoring the fact that Jeongwoo had him literally by the wrist - and he's sorta trapped against the ground and the Korean boy's heavy frame.

And then Haruto's mind goes blank.

"Get off me, Jeongwoo." He says, and the latter just stares down at him, eyes wide and an expression Haruto can't really decipher - especially on the ground like this.

"Dude let go-" He struggles against Jeongwoo's grip, "You're freaking me out!"

(He was indeed not freaking Haruto out at all. But continue.)

"Hey!" Haruto yells one more time, and that seemingly snaps Jeongwoo out of it.

"S-sorry,"

"It's fine." Haruto blushes and begins to stand, dusting his sweater off. "We should head back."

The younger boy just silently agrees, and Haruto decides to just shrug it off because his crush is a weird guy.

.
.
.
[Note: Okie!! about four or three more chapters left. I hope this doesn't seem too rushed for u guys!!

Also, next we might get Jeongwoo's pov.

(not really pov but this book kinda starts off w Haruto's pov. Jeongwoo's feelings will be revealed(?).

That's it! Enjoy & ty for reading this chpt! ]