meet the parks'

Haruto was sitting at the kitchen
counter while stuffing his face with breakfast when his mother suddenly came out of nowhere and started brushing his messy bedhead, earning an annoyed groan from the teenager.

"I told you that we'll have company over. Why do you look like a zombie right now!?" She asked her half awake son.

"Aw, mom, I want to sleep in today. Can't you make dad and Airi meet them.." The 17-year-old complained, giving his mother puppy eyes, which she didn't really notice because of the knock coming from their front door.

"That must be them now. Look alive! It'll do you good to have acquaintances in this area anyway." Mrs. Watanabe joked as she walked towards the door and opened it to greet the Parks.

"Mrs. Park, it's nice to see you again!" Haruto's mom gave the Korean lady at their door a warm smile before motioning for her to come inside.

"This is my son Haruto," she pointed towards the tall boy who almost tripped when he got up to dispose of his dishes. Haruto stood up and shook off his embarrassment.

"Nice to meet you Mrs.Park.." he bowed respectfully to the middle-aged lady.

"I'm happy to meet you, Haruto. I also brought my youngest Jeongwoo." Mrs. Park pulled her son into the house by the ear while whispering to him about manners.

"Hello," Jeongwoo uttered while bowing his head, still pouting about his earlier punishment.

"Oh, you guys look to be around the same age?" Haruto's mom announced, nudging her son slightly. The boy shrugged, giving his mom a confused face.

"It would be soooo nice if my son is able to make a friend his age." Haruto lifted an eyebrow before finally getting it.

"Oh, can't they just get acquainted?" Mrs. Park suggested, causing the Korean boy behind her eyes to widen.

"Sounds good to us, right son?"

No, no, no, absolutely not. Haruto wanted to say. But of course, he didn't.

"I'll show you to my room." Haruto walked off towards the stairs, and the Korean boy followed closely behind.
.
.
.
[Note: Sorry if this is boring, I'm not the best writer, but I do have fun making this story, believe it or not. Ty for reading. I'll update you more later. Ignore the lack of energy here, I haven't slept in hours because im sick 😮‍💨]