days together

The week felt like it had stretched out for ages, but finally, finally dropped to Saturday and despite being free from any kinds of school, working or thinking, that's what the 17 - year old was currently doing, sitting cross legged on his small carpet; Haruto sighs in a dramatic matter, fingers hovering over a certain contact.

He couldn't think. His mind was currently preoccupied with his neighbor - for some odd reason. What do you expect? He's a teenager in need of validation. Bad.

Yes, there his fingers are, still hovering over the send button, and Haruto sighs and presses it and quickly shuts his phone off. ( and he feels like a school girl for some reason after this. )

Haruto: Hey, wanna go somewhere. Idk, maybe the arcade, or the park?

...

Oh gosh, was that too persistent?

-
It's been approximately 45 minutes since Haruto sent that message, and he's now moping around in the kitchen at the fact that in his words,

That idiot didn't reply!

"Someone's upset," Haruto's mother whispers, nudging her husband - and of course, Haruto can hear her, but he pretends not to.

- He knows what they're trying to do.

"Haruto." Haruto stops in his tracks and turns when he hears his dad's stern voice. "What's wrong?"

Haruto shrugs, "Just tired." The teenager sorta lies and lets his shoulders drop.

"Are you

Ping!

Haruto nearly jolts when he hears his phone go off in his pocket, and he fumbles around to grab it -

"Sorry, gotta go. Dad, mom." He dismisses, dashing back to his bedroom and shutting the door behind him; leaving his parents in silence.

"Geeze, I hope Aeri never turns seventeen." Mr. Watanabe half jokes and earns a slap on the side from his wife.

-

Jeongwoo: Ok.

It was a simple answer, yet it made Haruto's mood lift in an instant. The Japanese boy rolls over on his stomach and decides to send another message.

Haruto: Cool. Right now?

a few seconds..

-Jeongwoo: Sure.

"Mom, I'm going out!" Haruto yells out to his mom, and he shuffles into his hoodie and throws on his shoes.

--

"What're we gonna do?" Jeongwoo questions, tapping his foot on the ground impatiently.

Haruto shrugs, "You know," he says normally, "Whatever."

"Yknow, it's a Saturday, right?" The korean suddenly asks and flashes him an annoying grin. "And you actually wanted to hang out with me

"Don't." The older grumbles back and shoves his neighbor and Jeongwoo pretends to fall off balance, dramatically whining about how he could've died or something - Haruto doesn't know - so all he does is snorts at Jeongwoo's annoying pout.

A few minutes later, the boys arrive at a small park - relatively empty besides a couple jogging around with their dog, and Haruto slumps down on a bench, panting like a madman.

"Wow, you're out of shape," He teases as he plops next to the Japanese.

Haruto blushes, "Shut up."

"Nope!" Jeongwoo laughs at him, stretching his arms.