Chapter 1

Olivia Reese was a fascinating, enchanted, and open-hearted girl. Everyone who knew the brunette knew that they could confide in her about quite literally everything and anything. Most importantly, she would do anything for the people who occupied a space in her warm heart. Anything that she had to sacrifice, would instantly be if it meant keeping anything dangerous away from those she loved.

Her hair was a hickory brown with delicate strands of caramel brown that would hide in spaces of her full locks. She was gifted with soft and rich hair that was surely given to her from her mother's side of the family. Her eyes were a tone of hazel, but the green was much more prominant.

This same brunette girl was also a heart-struck fool for her best friend. She would never admit it if it was the last thing she was to do. Olivia was witless for the cleaned-up, brunette haired boy who would do anything for her. Go to her when she needed him. Hurt anyone who hurt her. Steve Harrington.

Speaking of which, Olivia was aware of the girl who Steve had eyes for. She was always the one Steve would talk to about the girl. As much at the hazel-eyed girl loved how head-over-heals he was for her, she couldn't help but blame herself for never making a move sooner when he wasn't thinking about someone else. Perhaps he was still thinking of Olivia at all times, even when with other people, but she knew that his thoughts of her weren't worth much when he was holding another girl or kissing someone else, because truthfully, she wanted it to be her.

Olivia sauntered into the school female bathroom, running her hand through her roots, pushing it out of her face. As the brunette got ready to keep forward, she stopped with complete shock to meet the lingering eyes of Steve. She was beyong troubled by the amount of scenarios that could be the reason of this encounter, but when she caught a small brunette girl in the corner of her eye, she immedietly knew what this was all regarding.

"Hey, Liv." The tall boy lifted his hand from behind his back, holding his hand up as a greeting. He gave his best friend a chipper smile, but one she couldn't return so easily.

"Seriously, Steve?" Was all that the girl could say when looking at his nervous glance. "Like, of all places?" Olivia was quick to shake her head, a disturbed look twisting her face. She turned her head to glance at Nancy, who was looking down at the ground, pursing her lips and rubbing at her neck anxiously.

"Olivia, are you gonna say anything?" The girl questioned shakily, but the hazel-eyed girl only sighed, shaking her head softly this time. She let out a faint chuckle before giving the boy a glance then turning back to Nancy. "No, no I'm not gonna say anything. I'm not like that."

She observed Nancy let out a relieved sigh before looking up at Steve passionately. Olivia could so clearly see the romance that was glowing in their eyes. If she was honest, it hurt her to see it so clearly, or seeing it at all. She felt a certain way for her best friend, even though she didn't know what he felt, she knew it was never going to go away regardless of any girl.

Olivia realized that she too was looking up at Steve, so she looked down quickly while clearing her throat. "But, I do suggest keeping this less in the open. 'Kay?" She raised her brows at the boy, giving him a stern yet mischievous glare.

Steve quickly sighed before giving his best friend a reassuring nod. He knew that she wouldn't leave till she got him in check to prevent him from getting himself into anything stupid without realizing.

"Thank you, Liv." The brunette boy mumbled with relief as he watched Olivia saunter out of the bathroom with a long sigh and the shake of her head.

The girl rolled her eyes in annoyance before throwing her hand in the air.  Truthfully, it hurt her to just leave when she had such an open chance to stop it. But, if it made him happy, she couldn't ruin that for her best friend, despite her undying and hidden feelings. But yet, she still could only mumble, "Whatever."