Chapter 7

Olivia sighed deeply before quickly darting out into the distance, her knuckles turning white from how tight she was grasping the pocket knife. She knew for a fact that the knife would do absolutely nothing to that monster, but it wouldn't hurt to try, even if it was the last thing she tried doing.

The hazel-eyed girl wanted to keep running, but her foot got caught on a large vine on the ground. She cried out as she fell onto the ground, her jaw hitting a large root stuck in the ground. She turned on her back, trying everything in her to get up, but the monster had already caught up to her. He hovered over she shaken body, her elbows holding her up as she stared up at the creature.

Olivia remebered she was holding on tight to the pocket knife. She looked down at her hand before throwing it up at the monster like it was a spear.

She regained her balance before she continued to run. She couldn't stop running. She couldn't.

The dark-haired girl heard the monster screeching behind her, only causing more tears to fall down her cheek. Olivia spotted the hole in the tree, and quickly turned torwards it. The girl remembered she had her lighter in her jacket pocket, so she quickly pulled it out, lighting it and aiming it towards the monster. "Stay the hell away!" She shouted at the monster, and to her surprise, the screeching lowered and it cowered back, but didn't leave.

She tossed the lighter at it before quickly getting on her hands and knees and crawling back out of the hole and back to Nancy and Jonathan. Nancy sat on the ground, worried for when she returned.

Nancy widened her eyes when she spotted Olivia reaching her hand out for help. "Nancy!" Nancy and Jonathan each grabbed one of her hands and pulling her out of the tree. They both noticed her crying when they were finally able to tug her out before she collapsed on top of them and quickly hugging them tightly. She cried loudly as they hugged her back. Although she didn't particularly like Nancy, she felt safe knowing she was there when she got out of the other world, barely.

_________________________________________________

Olivia walked into her house after informing Jonathan and Nancy that she would be okay by herself after what happened. But, she didn't know if that was remotely true.

The dark-haired girl got out of the shower, but everything she tried doing something to distract herself, her mind would trail off to try monster hovering over her, it's face opened wide and ready to devour her whole. She sat in the middle of her bed, hugging her knees tightly while her head rested on her knee caps. She didn't want to think about it anymore. She wanted it all to be fake, a dream. But whenever she would stop thinking of something else, the image of the monster would remain and it would bring tears to her eyes.

She remained hugging her knees before she was brought out of her trance when she heard a soft tapping coming from her window. She furrowed her brows before getting up from her spot on the bed and walking over to her window.

When she saw Steve on the other side, she immediately sighed in relief before unlocking it and letting him in. She felt better to know that she wouldn't be alone at night, but she knew it would always haunt her.

"What's wrong?" Olivia questioned before closing her window behind Steve, preventing the feeling of the cold dimension she entered to haunt her once more.

"I should be asking you that." Steve returned with a worried glance. He saw how shaken up she was and how she couldn't seem to focus her eyes onto his. He put his hands on her arms, causing her to look up.