Chapter 35

"Her body, just, like, lifted up into the air and, uh... and she just, like, hung there." Eddie muttered skiddishly, now sitting on a crate in the middle of the shed while everyone else surrounded him. Olivia listened to every word his said carefully, feeling a connection with him that she couldn't explain. She didn't know why she felt like she should help him, but she did. Steve stood above her with his hands on her shoulders from behind as Eddie explained it to them.

"In the air. And her bones... Uh, she..." Eddie whimpered as he shut his eyes tight, trying to erase it from his brain. "Her bones started to snap." Olivia's expression softened as she just though of it, imagining how scared he must have been. "Her eyes, man. It... It was like there was something, like, insider her head, pulling."

"I... I didn't know what to do, so I... I ran away." He muttered, Olivia's mind flashing back to him running to his van with terror written on his face. "I left her there." When he looked up, he noticed everyone looking at him with furrowed brows, not out of judgement, but sorrow.

Eddie quickly scoffed, looking away from them. "You all think I'm crazy, right?" He muttered, shaking his head as he covered his face with his hand, tears falling from his eyes.

"No. We don't think you're crazy." Dustin shaking his head, speaking softly torwards the long haired boy.

"Don't bullshit me, man! I know how this sounds." Eddie raised his voice, his voice cracking in the process.

"We're not bullshitting you." Max spoke up.

"We believe you." Robin continued.

"We believe you, we do." Olivia nodded, Eddie shaking his head again as her tried to contain his tears. "I saw you." Eddie quickly looked up at her with furrowed brows. "You were scared and understandably, didn't know what to do."

He exhaled sharply, looking back down at the ground. "Look, what I'm about to tell you might be a little... difficult to take." Dustin began, and immediatly Olivia knew what he was going on about.

"Okay." Eddie muttered, his voice cracking slightly.

"You know how people say Hawkins is... cursed?" When Eddie stared at him in confusion, Dustin continued. "They're not way off. There's another world. A world hidden beneath Hawkins. Sometines it bleeds into ours."

"Like ghosts and shit?" Eddie muttered as he closed his eyes, shaking his head.

"There are some things worse than ghosts." Max muttered quietly, Eddie's eyes trailing over to her.

"These monsters from this other world..." Dustin continued. "We though they were gone. But they've come back before." Olivia sighed, closing her eyes as she tried forgetting about her past, but it never would go away.

"That's why we needed to find you." The curly-haired boy explained.

"If it's all back, again... we need to know." Olivia muttered, Eddie turning to look at her.

"That night, did you see anything?" Robin spoke up from behind the group.

"Dark particles, maybe?" Max added.

"it would almost look like dust, swirling dust." Dustin added on, looking at Eddie in question, the boy slowly shaking his head.

"No, man, there was nothing you could see or, uh... or touch." Eddie shook his head again, closing his eyes again as he exhaled deeply. "You know, I tried to wake her, man. She couldn't move. It's like she... she was in a trance or something." Olivia drew her brows together in confusion.

"Or under a spell." Dustin realized, everyone turning to him in confusion.

"A curse." Eddie stated, Olivia's brows furrowing again. She swore it sounded familiar to her from all of the times she had played or watched the kids play Dungeons and Dragons, but she couldn't put her finger on it.