Chapter 26

"Wait." The balding man held his hand out in front of the group once they had gotten into his house, posters lining the walls and a loud band music playing in the scenery. Olivia grimaced, looking around as she ran her hand through her hair, Alexie's left hand going up as she lifted her right hand.

He waved them off so they were all standing in the doorway with confused glares, the man moving to a cabinet near the door and taking out a metal dectector type of gadget, Olivia raising her brows in shock.

He walked back over to the adults and teenager, the metal piece in his hands as it beeped and made squeeling noises. The man help it up to Alexei with a clenched jaw, dragging it along Alexei's form, the group all looking at the man frustratedly, Olivia pinching the bridge of her nose.

Alexei suddenly jerked his hand back which had the cuff on it, Olivia's hand flying in the same direction as Alexei shouted at the man in Russian.

Murray shouted back in the same language, Olivia and Hopper shared looks of confusion. Hopper suddenly stepped forward, holding Olivia's shoulder. "How long is this gonna take, because I-"

"No." The man blurted quickly.

"No." Hopper repeated in disbelief, looking Murray right in the eyes.

"No." Murray repeated. "No, you do not get to question me." He muttered, holding the device up in front of Hopper, pushing it in his shoulder. "You have dragged an enemy of the state into my home as carelessly as a child drags in shit on his shoe. I will search him until I am satisfied." He raised his voice, Joyce clearing her throat as she grabbed Hopper's arm.

"Jim. C'mere." She muttered, pulling the chief of police along by the door. "Just c'mere. I need to talk to you." As soon as Hopper and Joyce began whispering in the back of the corner, Murray began searching Alexei again, Olivia groaning as she dropped her head.

"Excuse me!" Murray suddenly shouted, Olivia looking up in confusion. "Do me a favor and move your lovers' quarrel elsewhere."

Olivia's brows quickly raised up in shock, trying to hold back the smile that began forming at her lips. Alexei nudged her shoulder, the girl looking up to see him smiling while holding in his laugh. She couldn't help but smile, especially because she had been suffering from body aches and she was worried sick about her family and friends. She turned around to see Hopper chuckling, quickly shaking his head while Joyce was repeating 'no.'

"Not a lovers' quarrel, pal." Hopper argued, an annoyed grin on his face.

"Spare me!"

Olivia smiled, but it quickly fell to see Joyce stomping over to the balding man, her brows formed in anger. "What is your problem?"

"Please, stop talking!"

"No!" Joyce snapped, Olivia raising her brows in shock as her and Alexei both looked at eachother in surprise. "We have had a very long day. We have been shot at, nearly blown up, walked God knows how many miles in a hundred degree heat, stole a car, all while being chased by this gigantic... psychopath, all so we could bring him to you. Because somehow, you're the closest person who speaks Russian, which I can't believe. But that doesn't matter because, unfortunately, we're here. So, if you don't mind, put that thing away, stop behaving like a jackass, and ask him what he's doing that's making my magnets fall off my damn fridge!" She shouted, Olivia looked over at her in complete shock. "Please."

With that, Joyce snatched the device out of Murray's hands, walking away into the living room. Hopper had his brows raised with a smile as he walked Olivia, Alexei and himself into the same room as Joyce.

***

After almost an hour of the teenage girl convincing the chief of police that Alexei was a good guy and deserved to be un cuffed, he was kind enough to take the cuffs off of the two, their wrists both containing minor bruises. Quickly after doing so, he had left to get food of everyone's choosings, Olivia and Alexei sitting next to each other.