Chapter 30

Olivia was always scared of what she had always endured, interdimensional slugs, large dogs who's faces open up like flowers, but in her whole life, she would never had thought she would be facing what she was about to. She didn't know what it looked like, but from the groups descriptions, it wasn't good. She didn't know how long her and the three kids had been squeezed up behind the counter, but she quickly looked up when the lights inside the entire mall began flickering, causing the girl to check on the kids to make sure they were still okay. She looked over at Mike and El, the two breathing heavily, and Max still holding her sister's hand tightly.

Olivia turned her head at the sound of the radio walkie talkie static, then a faint voice suddenly speaking from the device. She widened her eyes as she recognized the voice of Dustin, her mind quickly being brought to Steve, Robin and the two kids.

"Griswold Family, this is Scoops Troop! Do you copy? Over!" She listened to the sound of Dustin's frantic yelling, the teen slowly gaining her balance on her knees. Max and Mike quickly watched as she stood up, looking over the counter.

"No, no, Liv. No, what're you doing?" Max suddenly grabbed Olivia's hand tighter, the oldest girl shaking her head.

"It's okay. It's okay, Max. Stay right here, I'll be right back." She watched as Max shook her head with tears in her eyes, begging her sister to stay, but she couldn't.  She continued to stand up, hovering over her little sister. "It's okay. I love you." Olivia suddenly muttered, realizing that was the first time she had said that to her sister since she had known her. The teen pressed a quick kiss to Max's forehead before slowly creeping away, moving over to the walkie talkie. She rounded the corner, not having sight of the monster yet.

She spotted the walkie talkie, quickly reaching for it and pressing the button on the side. She crouched down, leaning against the small bench. "Dustin? Dustin, it's me, Liv."

Dustin, Steve and Robin's faces all immediately fell at the sound of her voice, listening to her heavy breathing. "Are you okay? What's going on?" Dustin questioned, Olivia looking around to try and find the Mind Flayer.

"Billy's here, he told the Mind Flayer where we are." Olivia suddenly stopped speaking at the sound of a loud grumbling, her finger still on the button, the Scoops Troop surely hearing it, too. She turned her head to see an at least, 40 foot monster hovering over her, the girl's eyes widening. It was nothing she had ever seen before, she knew that. The sight made her heart stop beating on her chest, it's slime and gooey skin leaving wet puddles everywhere it went."What the f-" She was cut off as the monster swung one of it's tentacles torwards her, Olivia jumping up from her spot, leaving the device on the bench. She dove under the slimy red tentacle, it barely hitting her as she ran back to Mike, El and Max, quickly dropping in her precious seat.

"Liv? Liv? Olivia!" Dustin shouted, quickly being shoved out of the way by Steve, who's eyes were widened in fear.

"Liv?! Are you okay? What happened? Where are you?" He shouted frantically, his voice laced with a stutter as tears filled his eyes. "Olivia!"

"What happened?" Mike questioned frantically as she dropped into her spot, the girl breathing heavily as she closed her eyes, her chest heaving quickly.

"It destroyed the radio." Max quickly grabbed her sister's hand again, Olivia holding her sister's head close to her despite the pain she had felt in her shoulder, which only kept hurting the more she moved. They all pushed their backs up against the counter, holding their breaths at the sound of the loud grumbling as growling behind them, knowing if they made any sudden noises the Mind Flayer would soon recognize them. Olivia watched as Mike pulled himself up slowly, lurking around the corner to spot the action of the monster. He quickly came back down, turning to look at Max and Olivia.