Chapter 19

"It's my brother. He can't know I'm here. He'll kill me. He'll kill us." Max stated, looking over at Lucas, who was on the other side of Olivia. They watched as the tires screeched as the car stopped at a halt, the curly-haired boy slowly stepping out of the car with a cigarette in between his lips.

"Stay here." Steve muttered quickly before walking outside. "And stay away from the windows."

Olivia's heart fell as she watched her best friend walk outside, Billy's eyebrows furrowing in confusion as to why he was there. "Am I dreaming, or is that you, Harrington?" Billy questioned, to which Steve rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, it's me. Don't cream your pants." He muttered, his hands on his hips. Olivia watched the interaction from inside, shaking her head worriedly. She watched as Billy took off his jacket, the two sputtering words at one another. As Olivia quickly ran to the kitchen, finding the bat with nails leaning against the wall, she held it tightly in her hand in case the boy tried anything.

When Olivia returned, her eyes widened as she found the kids all sitting at the window, the girl pinching the bridge of her nose. "Get away from the window! Goddamn." She muttered, shaking her head.

Just as the girl was going to say something else to the kids, she spun around the see the door behind slmmed open, Billy barging in. Her eyes immediatly widened as she stood in front of the kids, the bat tightly in her grasp.

"Well, well, well." He muttered, looking over at Max, then back at Lucas before slamming the door behind him. "Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise. I thought I told you to stay away from him, Max." Billy turned to Max, Olivia clenching her jaw.

"Billy, go away." She said calmly, although the severity of the situation was everything but calm.

"You disobeyed me." He sputtered.

"Billy, get-" Before Olivia could finish her sentence, the boy had punched her in the cheek, watching as she fell to the floor. She whimpered as she fell to the floor, the bat slipping out of her reach. The kids yelled at Billy as he kicked her in the gut, Olivia wincing in pain as tears formed in her eyes.

"And you know what happens when you disobeye me." Billy then turned back to Max as if he hadn't just assaulted a girl, which for him, it could be a normal thing for his ego. Mike and Dustin quickly ran to her, helping her up as her vision became blurry, but slowly settled. She winced as they pulled her up, her stomach burning from the kick. She put her finger to her cheek, pulling it away to see blood on her hand. She grunted before the kids started yelling when Billy picked Lucas up by the coat and held him against one of Joyce's china cabinets. 

Olivia and the kids all began yelling at the psychotic teen as he held Lucas in place. Olivia could see the terror in Lucas' eyes as he yelled at Billy. "Get off of me, you-"

"Since Maxine won't listen to me, maybe you will. You stay away from her. Stay away from her! You hear me?" The kids continued to yell as Olivia turned her head to one of the antique decorations, the girl quickly grabbing it before running over to Billy.

"Let him go!" She shouted before smacking the boy in the back of the head with the antique, Lucas quickly falling to the floor before running back to his friends. Billy yelled before regaining his balance, turning to her and clenching his jaw.

"You are so dead, Reese! You're dead!" He screamed, although Steve quickly stepped in front of the boy, swinging his shoulder around so he was facing him.

"No. You are." With that, Steve glanced over at Olivia before connecting his fist with Billy's cheek, the curly-haired boy falling to the ground. Billy got back up, beginning to laugh like a maniac before raising his voice.