Chapter 2

"What's up, Liv?!"

Olivia jumped at the loud tone of Steve's roused voice. She turned her head torwards the boy to see him leaning up against the wall of lockers, bouncing his brows with a chipper smile. "You seem excited."

"A matter of fact, you are correct. Bien, chica." Steve was normally happy around her, but his level of energy was clearly through the roof, amd she wanted to figure out why.

"Care to elaborate, Harrington?" Olivia questioned him with a small glance before turning back to her locker.

"I'm throwing a small party tonight at my house while my parents are away for some buisness trip of my dad's." He informed her chipperly. "I want you to come."

"You sure about that?" Olivia didn't mean to be snarky, but she was still hurting, and she knew a party wasn't going to heal her open wounds that easily, which were wounds Steve had no idea he inflicted.

"Yes? You're my best friend." His brows were drawn together in confusion, but he eventually pushed it to the back of his mind before standing up straight and looking directly in her eyes. "Please come." He noticed her continuous head shake, causing him to sigh. "Oh, come on, Liv. Tommy H. and Carol are gonna be there, and Nancy. Well, I'm gonna ask her and she will most likely agree to it."

His words caused the hazel-eyed girl to quickly turn her head, her jaw clenched and her hand slamming her locker shut aggrivatedly. Her head started becoming warm and her heart was beating rapidly. "Forget it, Steve. I'm not going." The girl tried to turn around and saunter off, but her best friend leaped in front of her, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"Hey, come on. Please just come, for me." Steve gave her a long innocent stare, which only made it harder for her to say no to him. The girl was nervous of his height difference, so his hovering only made her more nervous. After a while of staring at his puppy dog eyes, the shorter girl sighed.

"Fine. Fine, I'll go." Her words caused Steve to sigh excitedly, a smile growing wide on his lips. The brunette boy let out a cute chuckle before he threw his arm around her shoulder and turned them both around in the opposite direction and began walking off. Although she still felt hurt and betrayed, she couldn't help but smile because she was finally in his arms again. She finally had his attention back. Even if she promised herself to let the jealousy go, she knew she would break her own promise.

Olivia and Steve sauntered over to Tommy H., Carol , Nancy and Barb. They both wore large smiles as they approached the group, but as soon as Olivia laid eyes on the group, her smile slowly fell.

The red head girl gave Olivia a harsh glare, which she only tried her best to ignore. By doing so, she only ended up encountering another harsh glare from Nancy.

As soon as Steve got to Nancy, he removed his arm from around Olivia's shoulder, and going to take the cards which Barbara held. The hazel-eyed girl looked at Steve in nervousness. Was he avoiding her contact because Nancy was around?

"I don't know, I think you've studied enough, Nance." He stated as his eyes studied the note cards, shuffling through them briefly.

"Steve-"

"I'm telling you, you know, you got this." He gave Nancy a reassuring glance before straightening the cards back into a neat deck and keeping a hold of them. "Don't worry. Now, on to more important matters."

Olivia watched as Nancy gave the taller boy a slightly eye roll, which only annoyed her from the group more. It didn't help that Tommy and Carol were stuffing her ears with annoying gossip that she had absolutely no interest in. She sighed before moving closer to Steve, hoping the couples play time would grow quieter.