Chapter 11

After having had destroyed, or killed the monster, everyone was joined in the hospital, everyone waiting her Will to wake up, whom Joyce and Hopper had found in the upside down. Mike had told Olivia that El had been killed or taken by the Demogorgan, as the kids called it, and she noticed how bad he was struggling.

Olivia was sitting between Lucas and Dustin, both of them laying their heads on her shoulders as they slept, her crossing her arms over her chest as she sunk slightly in her chair. Olivia knew how much the kids had looked up to her since she was always there for them, and she cared about them just as much as they cared for her. She had looked over at Steve every once and a while, noticing a few times that he had been glaring over at her.

Olivia was looking over at Mike, who was sitting up in seat, clearly thinking about Eleven. She wanted to hug him and tell him it was going to be okay, but then she would wake Lucas and Dustin.

Jonathan walked into the waiting room, everyone turning their heads quickly. Olivia looked up from her feet, Jonathan looking over at her and everyone else.

Jonathan nodded to Mike, who for the first time that night, had smiled. "Guys. Guys, he's up." Olivia grimaced at him when he started eagerly shaking Lucas and Dustin. "Will is up. Guy's, Wil''s up."

Lucas and Dustin grunted as they looked at Olivia who was smiling from in between them. She pushed their backs as they stumbled up, quickly following after Mike.

Olivia smiled as she turned her head, watching the boys run out into the hall together. Then, she suddenly felt upset before walking out into the hall, sitting on the floor of the hallway. She winced when her head slightly hit the wall, blood still on her forehead and some in her hair.

She looked over at the door as she heard it opening, seeing Steve walking up to her and sliding down on the ground next to her.

She turned her head at him, smiling softly as he looked over at her, matching her position as he brought his knees up to his chest.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hi." He repeated, Olivia feeling a sense of safety as she finally talked to her best friend again after what felt like ages.

"How's the face?" She questioned, pointing to the dozens of cuts on his face, and a bruise by his eye.

"Fine." He muttered, then pointing to her cut on her forehead. "How's your face?"

"Fine." She repeated his word, both of them smiling before they both looked down at their laps, Olivia biting at her cheek. She didn't know what to say to him after everything that he had done and what had happened that night, but then she remembered how he had rambled an apology to her, which always meant he was meaning what he said.

"Hey, remember how you told me that you regretted telling me you didn't trust me anymore?" She questioned, earning a swift nod from his as he turned to her. "Yeah? Why?"

"I just... I wanted to say that I forgive you. I know you didn't mean it, and even if you did, I would still be stupid enough to forgive you, because... because you're by best friend and I w-would do anything for you." She watched as he smiled, holding his arm out behind her so she could move closer to her.

She nuzzled her head into his neck, wincing as he laid his chin onto her forehead.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He muttered, looking down at her forehead, that was now forming a small bruise.

Olivia chuckled before laying her head back on his shoulder. "No, it's good." She shook her head, closing her eyes as she sighed in relief, finding comfort in her best friend.