Chapter 34

Just and hour before Family Video closed, Steve, Robin, and Olivia all were shocked when Max and Dustin came storming into their work, the two both wearing determined looks. "Hey, Steve."

The three behind the counter turned in confusion, Dustin quickly putting his hands on the front desk. "You see this?" Steve questioned.

"How many phones do you have?" Dustin quickly spat out, not even acknowledging the brunette's question, clearly showing that they weren't wasting any time to do whatever it was they were doing.

"Someone was murdered." Steve said in disbelief, looking at Dustin.

"How many phones do you have?" The curly-haired boy repeated, this time more anxiously and in a rush to get things done.

"Two. Why?" Steve muttered in question, looking over at his girlfriend and best friend. They both had confused looks too as they looked between him and Dustin. Out of everything, this was his worry?

"Technically three, if you count Keith's." Robin added on.

"Yeah, three works." Max nodded to Dustin, who glared at her for a moment before quickly taking his bag off and suddenly throwing it over the counter.

"What are you doing?" Steve questioned, at this point, annoyed. When Dustin all of a sudden leaped over the counter, Olivia, Robin and Steve all began shouting at him angrily. "Dude! What are you doing?!" Olivia yelled at Dustin, knocking down a stack of tapes Olivia watched Steve set up very carefully.

"No, no, no! My taped! Dude." Steve exclaimed with raised arms, Olivia groaning as she gathered every fallen thing from the ground.

"What in the world are you doing?!" The short-haired girl questioned after standing back up, huffing while pushing her hair out of her face. Without any words, Dustin jumped into the chair in front of their computer, Olivia scoffing. "Oh, now you're gonna steal our computer. Answer my question."

"What are you doing, man?" Steve questioned through a whine.

"Get your annoying ass out of here." Olivia said sarcastically, putting her hands on her hips.

"Liv, be quiet." Dustin muttered, typing on the computer frantically. The girl scoffed, looking at the curly-haired boy with anger, even if he didn't mean it literally.

"Excuse me? You're the one storming through here like a goddamn tornado. You be quiet." She repeated with a snarky tone, walking over to him and watching whatever he had been doing.

"Setting up base of operations here." Dustin muttered after a while, realizing he never actually explained the reason he had suddenly showed up.

"Base of operations?" Robin repeated in confusion. As he continued to type away, Steve shook his head, standing on the other side of Steve, Olivia on the other side.

"Get off." Steve insisted, although Dustin ignored his complaints.

"I need it."

"For what?" Steve questioned in an annoyed tone.

"Eddie's friends' phone numbers." Dustin said simply, Steve furrowing his brows while Olivia looked at him in shock. She knew of what had happened with Eddie, or at least how scared he looked as he ran away, then a dead girls showing up a day later. This all was too much.

"You new best friend you think is cooler because he plays your nerdy game?" Steve said with a pang of jealousy in his tone, Olivia looking at him with squinted eyes and a tilted head.

"Yes. I never said that." Dustin groaned in annoyance, looking at Steve blankly.

"Seriously, you guys, maybe on a Monday you can play around, but it's Saturday." Robin spoke up from behind them, organizing the wrecked stack of tapes which Dustin had pummeled threw. "It's our busiest day." Robin addressed, although Dustin didn't seem to care much.