Chapter 23

Olivia had walked all the way into town, soaked to the bone and she couldn't tell what was rain and was was tears. As she continued down the road, she looked at all of the closed buisnesses that she had once ventured into. There was a part of her that knew Steve was right. She didn't seem to care much, but she did. Well, she would miss her family and friends, but she was be happy to know she could leave her old trauma behind.

She didn't know what time it was when she found herself walking right in front of the Hawkins Lab fence. She hadn't realized that she was even walking in that direction. Maybe it was because she hadn't ever used her brain properly while upset, and it would always mess up her navigation skills.

She looked up to see the gate completely destroyed which had led to the estate. She drew her brows together in confusion before stepping closer to the gate, looking down as she heard crunching under her foot. She stopped to see a 'keep out' sign under her foot, the metal rusted and crumbled slightly. She directed her line of vision back to the tall building. It was haunting. The trouble that the building had caused her more trauma, knowing that she could never go back in time and change anything she did.

She then frowned at the sight of head lights flashing right down at her, her brows quickly drawing together. The girl squinted to see if what she was seeing was even real, but when she heard the engine revv, she gasped, knowing that it now was real. The car began driving down the hill torwards the girl, Olivia quickly picking up her feet and running in the opposite direction.

Unfortunately, she wasn't as fast as the car behind her as she slipped on the wet ground, falling forward on her knees and hands. She groaned, looking down as the head lights gave her light to see the cuts on her palms and knees.

"Olivia?"

The girl lifted her head weakily to see the one person she hadn't expected in the slightest. In front of her, dream or not, Joyce Byers was leaning out of the window, her brows furrowed at the scared girl. The dark-haired teen observed the car to see it belonged to Chief Jim Hopper.

"Get in."

***

When Olivia woke up, she wasn't in her house. She wasn't in her bed. Insted, she was laying on the bed of a small room which she was assuming was a cabin. she winced at the stinging of her cuts on her palms and knees, sitting up to see that she was still in her jean shorts, tank top with red stripes and Steve's grey jacket. She groaned as she threw the covers off of her, looking around as she quickly recognized the room to be El's. "What the hell?" She whispered, standing up despite the splitting head ache she had gained over the night.

Olivia stumbled over her black converse before putting them on with a shrug, then slowly opening the door to El's room. She walked out to see Joyce pacing around the kitchen, Hopper passed out on the couch. She frowned, confusion written all over her face. What the hell was happening? Why was she at Hopper's cabin and why was Joyce there?

"Joyce?" Olivia muttered groggily, the older woman standing still at the sound of Olivia's voice. Joyce looked up at Olivia, walking up to her slowly.

"Hey, sweetheart. How do you feel?" She questioned, tilting her head at the teenager.

"A little sore, but I'm fine." Olivia didn't take much time to answer Joyce as she looked around, her eyes trailing over to an unconscious Hopper on the sofa. She frowned walking up to him slightly. "What's wrong with him?"

"He got beaten up by some Russian guy." Joyce said flatly as she walked around the couch. Olivia's brows furrowed even farther, if it was possible.