Chapter 18

Everyone lowered their weapons as their eyes laid on the girl in front of them, Olivia's jaw dropped. Mike walked up to the girl slowly with tears in his eyes, Olivia noticing that it had been the first time he smiled that day.

"Eleven." Mike muttered, the two quickly walking up to each other as they breathed shakily.

"Mike." El gasped as she hugged the boy, tears now in both of their eyes. Olivia watched the interaction, complete shock washed over her as she stared at the girl in front of her, not actually believing that she was alive.

"I never gave up on you." Mike muttered, pulling away from the hug with tears. "I called you every night. Every night for-"

"353 days." El finished with a smile, Mike's smile immediatly falling. "I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" He questioned, looking down at her outfit. Everyone's heads turned as Hopper spoke.

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper confessed, Mike's mouth opening in shock. "The hell is this? Where you been?"

"Where have you been?" El retorted, everyone watching in confusion as the two hugged, Hopper running has hand along El's back as they closed their eyes.

"You've been hiding her." Mike realized before shoving Hopper's back. "You've been hiding her this whole time!"

"Hey!" Hopper shouted. "Let's talk. Alone." Hopper muttered before Mike stormed off in anger, his face turning red. Olivia finally closed her jaw as she watched Hopper follow Mike, El quickly running to Olivia. The older girl laughed as Eleven attacked her with a hug, squeezing her tight. Everyone watched the interaction, Steve looking down at them with a smile.

When Olivia pulled away, she frowned. "You're hair." She smiled, looking at the long hair Eleven had, remembing her with a buzz cut. "And your outfit."

El laughed, looking down at her clothes.

"It's cute." Olivia nodded, El nodding too.

"Bitchin'." Olivia's eyes widened as she reluctantly nodded, not really understanding how she had learned that, but she smiled away.

"Mmm. Bitchin'." Olivia muttered unsurely before the younger girl moved over to Lucas and Dustin, giving them both hugs.

"We missed you." Lucas muttered with a smile.

"I missed you, too." El replied with a smile.

"We talked about you pretty much every day." Dustin told her as they pulled away from the hug. El suddenly drew her brows together before moving her hand to Dustin's mouth, the boy pulling away in confusion.

"Teeth."

"What?" Dustin muttered in confusion.

"You have teeth." Dustin quickly beamed, nodding to Eleven.

"Oh. You like these pearls?" Suddenly, Dustin purred, Olivia and Steve sharing a worried look before the girl laughed, shaking her head. El flinched slightly at the interaction before Lucas shook his head with squinted eyes.

"Eleven?" Max muttered softly, walking up to El with her hand out. "Hey. Um, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." She smiled, although when El completely ignored her, walking past and making her way to Joyce, everyone's smiles fell, especially Max's.

After Eleven had gone to see Will, she had returned to find herself looking down at the paper which said, 'Close gate.' She frowned, looking down at the paper in confusion. "You opened this gate before, right?" Joyce questioned.

"Yes." She whispered, everyone going into the kitchen to see what El and Joyce had been speaking about.

"Do you think if we got you back there, that you could close it?" Joyce questioned, which Eleven once again responded with a 'yes'.