Chapter 33

After Olivia had gotten home, she spotted her sister kneeling down in the dark by their dog's fence. The short-haired girl had decided to approach her as she watched the red-head feed the dog small pieces of meat. Olivia joined her sister, Max giving her a thin lipped smile before returning her attention to the dog.

"Hey, bud." Olivia muttered with a smile, sticking her finger through the fence and petting the dog. She took a piece of meat from Max, feeding it to the dog.

"Where's mom?" The adult questioned, her teenage sister pointing torwards their trailer.

"Passed out. Per usual." Max muttered flatly.

Olivia pursed her lips, continuing to pet the dog when she suddenly fet the need to question Max's whereabouts that night at the basket ball game when a car came speeding down the road across from them, loud rock music playing from inside. Olivia frowned, turning her head as she watched the door open to reveal a man with shoulder length curly dark hair, dark clothes and a Hellfire Club shirt on. She knew of the boy, but she had never seen him outside much.

Olivia was going to shrug it off when her eyes trailed over to a blonde girl in a cheerleaders outfit nervously following behind the man. Olivia swore he looked familiar. Then it hit her. She had met him when she was a junior in highschool. Why was he with a cheerleader and why a cheerleader from Hawkins High?

Max and Olivia shared worried glances before they both turned their heads back to the two, the door of the trailer shutting behind them. The two sisters both flinched with their dog yelped at them for more food, Olivia's head snapping back forward.

"Okay. All right." Max muttered, grabbing another piece of meat. "One more. That's it though, right?" Max said as she fed him. "Good boy."

When Max stood up, Olivia quickly turned her eyes away from the trailer across from them, following after her sister. But as she walked behind the red-head, she couldn't help but find herself staring over at the scene again, she had just found it strange, and definitely not normal.

When Olivia got into the trailer, she had dropped her things off on her bed, then joining her sister in the living room. She sighed as she noticed her mother sprawled out on the couch passed out, Max curled up on the other end of the sofa. Olivia sat in the chair across from her sister, watching whatever she had put on. Just as she had gotten comfortable, the television began creating static noises and the movie became blurry.

Max groaned, sliding off of the couch and moving to the TV. The static began intensifying, Max reaching her hands to the antennas of the television, moving them around it the air. After a failed attempt, she began banging the box with her fist, but she quickly spun around when the lights in the trailer began flickering. Olivia frowned, getting up from her spot as the electricity made crackling noises. This was always an occuring event at their house, but it was never this intense.

"What the hell?" The nineteen year old muttered under her breath, looking around in shock. Her heart fell as the scene had too much familiarity. Olivia and Max exchanged looks of fear as they two sister's minds trailed to one concluded thought. The Upside Down.

After almost a minute, the flickering had finally stopped, and the television resumed to it's normality. What scared Olivia the most was the distant scream coming from outside of the trailer. Her eyes widened as she ran to the living room window, Max quickly following behind.