Chapter 12

Olivia had found a job over the course of the last month, finding herself waking up at seven every morning to work at the arcade. Normally, she wouldn't mind, but there was always Keith who tried flirting and going on dates with her, which she immediatly turned down.

But tonight, she had been on break so she could spend time with the boys, who were all obsessed with the game Dig Dug, Dustin having the highest score on the board. Olivia would always encourage the curly-haired boy while he was playing, since she knew the severity of it to him.

"Oh, Jesus! I'm in uncharted territory here, guys." Dustinn pointed out, Olivia leaning against the arcade game as she watched Dustin play while Lucas, Will and Mike were surrounding him.

"Down! Down! Down!" The boys suddenly started shouting, Dustin's eyes going wide.

"I'm going! I'm going!" He shouted back. Olivia had to admit, she got addicted over the course of the past two months since it was the one of the only games the boys would play besides Dig Dug.

The boys began to cheer in excitement as it seemed to be Dustin winning the round, then all of the sudden his player had been killed and held his fist to his mouth in shock after yelling at the boys to shut up.

"No! No! No! I hate this overpriced bullshit!" Olivia snorted a laugh at how angry he could get.

"Hey, dude. Chill out, okay?" Olivia tilted her head in suggestion, but the boy kept yelling a string of curse words.

"You're not nimble enough. But you'll get there one day." Lucas mocked with a smirk as he shrugged, Dustin fuming with anger from beside him and the other boys. "But until then, Princess Daphne is still mine." Lucas smiled.

"Whatever." Dustin smacked the game. "I'm still tops on Centipede and Dig Dug." He stated.

"You sure about that?" They all turned at the sound of a voice, Olivia sighing the moment her eyes laid on Keith, who was holding his traditional bag of cheeto puffs. The boy's faces all fell into annoyance as they looked at the boy.

"Sure about what?" Dustin questioned worriedly. When Keith chewed a cheeto puff without saying anything, Dustin shoved past his friends and torwards Dug Dug. Mike, Will, Olivia and Lucas all ran after Dustin, who was screaming "no" repeatedly as he saw the new name taking up first place. Madmax.

"751,300 points!" Will shouted with a smile.

"That's impossible." Mike grimaced.  

"Who's MadMax?" Dustin questioned, turning torwards Keith.

"Better than you." Keith shrugged. Dustin stuck his middle finger up at the boy, clearly annoyed with his response.

"Is it you?" Will questioned, pointing his finger at Keith with wide eyes.

The boy scoffed, looking at them with annoyance. "You know I despise Dig Dug." He told them as if he was defended by the suggestion.

"Then who is it?" Olivia questioned, shrugging a him.

"Yeah, spill it, Keith." Dustin agreed with Olivia.

"You want information, then I need something in return." He said, looking over at Olivia and Mike. She already knew what he was doing, the boys quickly turning their heads to Mike.

"No, no, no. No way. You're not getting a date with her." Mike shook his head, referring to Nancy.

"Mike, come on. Just get him the date." Lucas urged, earning a slap in the back of the head from Olivia, knowing that if it was her she wouldn't like him to say something like that.